OOC Performance. How will it effect Selection Sunday?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: OOC Performance. How will it effect Selection Sunday?

Postby Jet915 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:39 pm

Im thinking 4, Creighton, UConn, X and 1 other team who does well during Big East play.
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ecasadoSBU » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:59 am

is this the worst year since realignment?

The only team that looks real good are CREIGHTON and UCONN so far.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby Jet915 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:20 am

ecasadoSBU wrote:is this the worst year since realignment?

If i remember correctly 2013 wasnt a great year, we got 4 in? I think we get 4 in this year but Creighton and UConn appear to be legit.
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:43 am

Jet915 wrote:
ecasadoSBU wrote:is this the worst year since realignment?

If i remember correctly 2013 wasnt a great year, we got 4 in? I think we get 4 in this year but Creighton and UConn appear to be legit.

Yeah 2013-14 season wasn't great, got 4 in due to Providence winning the BET.

I think this might be a case where the 20 game conference season HELPS the league out. 4th place team will go something like 13-7 hopefully which combined with a decent OOC should get them in.
stever20

Postby Xuperman » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:52 am

I just had a medical procedure and that afforded me the opportunity to marinade in BE basketball for 4 days! Observations-

It's gonna be either UConn/CU at the top. It's even money they finish 1-2 IMO.

Nova will probably need to beat the above 3 of 4 or win a BEast Championship to dance. The best they can finish is 6-5 OOC (no good wins, some bad losses), so 14 in conference wins would seem to be the minimum.

SJU is for real. Soriano has put it all together to become a force along side Posh and Jones. Curbelo is a stud facilitator! These guys could easily snag a BE 3 seed.

SHU stinks. I mean shockingly so. What a ragged bunch of average players....they're not contending for anything this year.

PC seems to be a more polished version of SHU. They have not impressed at all, but remains a dangerous spoiler.

Marquette is intriguing and fun to watch. Kinda a poor mans Johnnies. Lack of any true post presence hurts in our league, but they make up for it with grit and effort.

Butler and DePaul have some nice pieces, but I don't see either snagging more than 8 wins.

G-Town......a rotting corpse who's stench will poison anything it attaches to.
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby Jet915 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:21 pm

Xuperman wrote:I just had a medical procedure and that afforded me the opportunity to marinade in BE basketball for 4 days! Observations-

It's gonna be either UConn/CU at the top. It's even money they finish 1-2 IMO.

Nova will probably need to beat the above 3 of 4 or win a BEast Championship to dance. The best they can finish is 6-5 OOC (no good wins, some bad losses), so 14 in conference wins would seem to be the minimum.

SJU is for real. Soriano has put it all together to become a force along side Posh and Jones. Curbelo is a stud facilitator! These guys could easily snag a BE 3 seed.

SHU stinks. I mean shockingly so. What a ragged bunch of average players....they're not contending for anything this year.

PC seems to be a more polished version of SHU. They have not impressed at all, but remains a dangerous spoiler.

Marquette is intriguing and fun to watch. Kinda a poor mans Johnnies. Lack of any true post presence hurts in our league, but they make up for it with grit and effort.

Butler and DePaul have some nice pieces, but I don't see either snagging more than 8 wins.

G-Town......a rotting corpse who's stench will poison anything it attaches to.

I agree with all of this except SJU. I've watched a few of their games, they are chaos. I guess that's how they play but they haven't played anyone good yet and their OOC stinks. They need to win @Iowa State before I think they are legit which won't be easy. They will probably be top 5 Big East though but doesn't guarantee a bid this year.
Jet915

Postby kayako » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:51 pm

You guys really overestimate what it takes to make the tourney. A couple of teams not looking great atm will manage to get things going and make the tourney. I mean, 7 teams can't suck simultaneously when we're playing against each other. But we need a few big wins and salvage advanced metrics for the conference. Need a nice set of results vs. Big 12.
supernova
kayako

Postby Husky_U » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:56 pm

Aren't y'all sooooooooo happy we're back now ??? :twisted:
Husky_U

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:58 pm

kayako wrote:You guys really overestimate what it takes to make the tourney. A couple of teams not looking great atm will manage to get things going and make the tourney. I mean, 7 teams can't suck simultaneously when we're playing against each other. But we need a few big wins and salvage advanced metrics for the conference. Need a nice set of results vs. Big 12.

The issue is going into the conference season already have if everyone wins out Nova with 5 losses, and 5 other teams with 3 losses. Gonna be tough for any of those 6 teams to get in at 10-10 for instance in conference play already. Marquette and Providence could easily join the 3 loss group. At some point, raw record means something.
stever20

Postby ArmyVet » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:05 pm

From ESPN:

Three teams with questions

Villanova Wildcats: There are certainly excuses to be made: first season post-Jay Wright, no Justin Moore, no Cameron Whitmore. But the Wildcats went 0-3 in Portland this past week, and they are now just 2-5 on the season. That represents the program's worst start since 1991-92, during Rollie Massimino's final year at the helm.
ArmyVet

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board