‘22-‘23 Non-Big East games of interest

The home for Big East hoops

Re: ‘22-‘23 Non-Big East games of interest

Postby stever20 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:20 pm

Omaha1 wrote:Iowa State knocks off #1 North Carolina.

Great news for St John's who gets to play Iowa St. Of course, they'd have to beat them which won't be easy.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kayako » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:00 am

As bad as it's been for Nova fans, at least we're not Louisville!

The most disappointing conference might be the A10, as there was a fair amount of preseason hype for them. It's been a disastrous ooc for them.
supernova
kayako

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:50 am

kayako wrote:As bad as it's been for Nova fans, at least we're not Louisville!

The most disappointing conference might be the A10, as there was a fair amount of preseason hype for them. It's been a disastrous ooc for them.

AAC having a bad one as well. East Carolina lost last night to 0-7 South Carolina State.
stever20

Postby kayako » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:16 pm

stever20 wrote:
kayako wrote:As bad as it's been for Nova fans, at least we're not Louisville!

AAC having a bad one as well. East Carolina lost last night to 0-7 South Carolina State.

Bracketville has Houston on the 3 seed line. I would think they need to at minimum split UVA/Bama games, but maybe they don't. We never got to find out if that Dayton team from 2020 would have been awarded a 1 seed with no impressive OOC win.
supernova
kayako

Postby stever20 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:00 am

Utah beats Arizona last night on the 10 year anniversary of the death of Rick Majerus.

I still wonder what would have happened had he not passed away and been healthy. I think SLU is probably in the Big East right now.
stever20

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:00 am

I'm not bitching, but the disappointment is large with my Jays. I'd rather have won the Maui and lost yesterday @Texas...acutally I'd rather have won both.
But losing 2 in a row to ranked teams will hurt the resume and in the court of public opinion. It's not a good look for the BE frontrunner. Jays must do better or
they will have to shoulder a large portion of blame for the demise of the conference this season. C'mon Jays. C'mon Uconn, Xavier, Johnnies, and Marquette.
Let's get with it/get to it Big East!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby billyjack » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:13 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:I'm not bitching, but the disappointment is large with my Jays. I'd rather have won the Maui and lost yesterday @Texas...acutally I'd rather have won both.
But losing 2 in a row to ranked teams will hurt the resume and in the court of public opinion. It's not a good look for the BE frontrunner. Jays must do better or
they will have to shoulder a large portion of blame for the demise of the conference this season. C'mon Jays. C'mon Uconn, Xavier, Johnnies, and Marquette.
Let's get with it/get to it Big East!

Losing by 5 on the road to the #2 team is no biggie. No one will hold it against you.

The Maui loss was on the 3rd consecutive gameday with a gimpy Kalkbrenner. Again, no one will hold that against you.

The biggest win was vs Arkansas, cuz ESPN was all prepared to pimp for them bigtime.

Same with Baylor-- thankfully Marquette buried them, so we dont have to hear them get hyped again.

UConn running thru PK was huge too of course.

Marquette though basically assured us of a 5th bid in March.
Providence
billyjack

Postby billyjack » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:15 pm

If anyone missed the Baylor at Marquette game, please find it and watch it, especially the first half... absolute crushing of Baylor, who couldn't make basic passes on offense... the most amazing 20 minutes of hoops. Bring plenty of cigarettes as you bask in the afterglow.
Providence
billyjack

Postby ArmyVet » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:19 pm

billyjack wrote:Marquette though basically assured us of a 5th bid in March.

Who are the 5? I am struggling a little bit coming up with that many teams I feel confident about.
ArmyVet

Postby Jet915 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:26 pm

ArmyVet wrote:
billyjack wrote:Marquette though basically assured us of a 5th bid in March.

Who are the 5? I am struggling a little bit coming up with that many teams I feel confident about.

Creighton, UConn, X, Marquette. SJU if they can beat Iowa State.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board