A Review of the Friars

The home for Big East hoops

Re: A Review of the Friars

Postby OmahaGuy » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:13 pm

Looks like the Friars have done a masterful job at reloading through the portal. Very good to see....for the most part.......

What I don't like is the fact that we have now seen our first in-league transfer as Corey Floyd goes from UConn to Providence. I hate that this league now allows this crap.
OmahaGuy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby adoraz » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:50 pm

OmahaGuy wrote:Looks like the Friars have done a masterful job at reloading through the portal. Very good to see....for the most part.......

What I don't like is the fact that we have now seen our first in-league transfer as Corey Floyd goes from UConn to Providence. I hate that this league now allows this crap.

Which would you prefer: a Big East transfer goes to Providence or Syracuse? I get that many fans don't want to face former players in-conference, but since every other conference does this and there are so many transfers now it would be foolish for the Big East not to.

Because of this Providence now has the #1 transfer class and their rivalry with UConn just got even stronger. All 9 other Big East teams now benefit by facing a stronger Providence next year as opposed to if he went to a different conference. We all talk about needing another team at the top alongside Nova... well, this is how you do it.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:27 pm

Friars 44 in the Top 144, 5th BE.

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/20963
Wizard of Westroads

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board