DudeAnon's Big East Preview

The home for Big East hoops

Re: DudeAnon's Big East Preview

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:03 am

Dude A, don't have a problem with your projected standings but not knowing most of the Nova players and leaving Marq. off your list? Bad form my friend.

I think 1-4 are going to bloody each other. Would move X up in front of UConn. SJU will take a step up. SHU will be tough but probably not competing for a RS crown. Marq. and Butler both will be scrappy; will win some games and probably be better than most expect. Not sure what to make of PC yet. But am a fan of Cooley. DePaul and G'town at the bottom but tough outs.

Regarding Nova of course we'd prefer to have our best player back as soon as he is able. We've been a "next man up" program for the last decade with very good results. We have 4 very good (IMO) regular rotation guys returning--Slater, Dixon, Daniels, and Jordan Longino. Each of those guys will pick up the slack a bit. Whitmore is going to be a problem. He absolutely ate up international competition this summer and showed out at the McD AA game. He's a man. All signs point to his being one of the most talented frosh in the country, let alone conference. Mark Armstrong also had a VERY good summer at the FIBA tourney. Kid can play. As lil' Cr8n showed last year, a couple Frosh additions can make all the difference. Those 2 will plug right in.

Jay was the best in the biz and his loss will hurt, but this program is all about culture and it will not yield. I expect we'll still be the team everyone gears up to try to beat. We'll take some lumps as will everyone else, b/c this is a tough league. And at season's end the RS crown will come down to a bounce here, a defensive stop there, a missed FT or a coin flip charge/block call and we'll be one of those teams involved at the top.

If anyone thinks this Jays team is going to win this league comfortably, they are mistaken. They too lost some really good talent in Hawkins and O'Connell (65 MPG) and outside of Scheierman not sure this is the same high level shooting team that we normally see in Omaha. There are no guarantees that new pieces will just fit.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Xudash » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:14 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Damn Dude A... Kicked out the Warriors and the Pirates? Wow.

Agree with Dash that X is not seen as a villain??? Xavier Univ, formerly one of the greatest MM programs, then definitely NOT A MM Program, is a model of consistency for many programs
around the country. X set the tone for winning with class and gritty play and I dare say is one of the most respected programs in the country (outside of Cincy fans). When I think of X I think of West, then Romain Sato.
More recent guys come to mind are Sumner and my guy Tyrique Jones...

Xavier will finish 2nd this season...and could eclipse the all-everything Bluejays if they should falter. Thanks to the late season run and the NIT, we should see the Muskie team I thought we'd see last season. Better
late than never. Souley BOOOOM as the newcomer/Transfer of the Year. The boys' a player...sure was hoping we'd (Jays) get him...oh well.

Prov 3rd.
-gtmo

XUDash - Hey Dash...wass up? Looks as though Cole will be joining us again on the previews shows. Thanks.

Glad Cole is joining you again, git. I see him as my contribution to the proceedings. You guys are much more knowledgeable about the game than I. I am just an avid fan. One of the other Xavier fans (someone who is aware of all conference members!) Should join in from our end if you are looking for someone from X.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:15 pm

Novachap (Jack) suggested some new blood to the preview from HLOH. It's okay by me.
Less talking from me if there are more experts on the panel.

Any HLOHer who wants to volunteer...speak up now. I will be sending out info next week to the fellas.
I expect: Fanta, FOX; Nyatawa, Cr8n; Freeman, Busting Brackets; Pepper, WJXT4-Jax, FL; & Novachap, HLOH.
Maybe get lucky and 1 or 2 more national guys?

gtmo
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board