Conference Realignment: What Next?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Conference Realignment: What Next?

Postby Xudash » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:41 am

SEC meetings taking place in Atlanta. Their commissioner clearly stated that the SEC is through for now. Essentially, there is no magic number (i.e. “20”) and that it is about quality and the conference members’ ability to add value.

Bad news - for now - for schools like Clemson and FSU.

Limbo time.
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Edrick » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:31 pm

Edrick

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:47 pm

Edrick wrote:https://twitter.com/MarcFiscHoops/status/1549416712533168129?s=20&t=lOLImvGN_TQtbjeilrlb4Q

I have a hard time believing this person has any inside information, but as we have said here a million times, Gonzaga makes sense if the money is right.
ArmyVet

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:04 pm

Edrick wrote:https://twitter.com/MarcFiscHoops/status/1549416712533168129?s=20&t=lOLImvGN_TQtbjeilrlb4Q

A previous scoop by this guy:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/kentucky-calipari-meeting-fake-news-troll/

Fiscarelli is either not a real person all together, or a real person with fake scoops. Either way, he and his report about coach Cal was incorrect.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby billyjack » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:41 pm

ArmyVet wrote:

I have a hard time believing this person has any inside information, but as we have said here a million times, Gonzaga makes sense if the money is right.

Right, the guy Fiscarelli is apparently not a real person. So his reports are bogus. Though i agree with you that Gonzaga makes sense.

Also in the Twitter comments-- amazing in current day that people still are worried about the Big East might have teams *not* in the east, lol. They must get mad that Rhode Island really isn't an island, and they must be ripped that you park in a driveway and drive on a parkway.
Providence
billyjack

Postby Omaha1 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:41 pm

USC and UCLA will immediately receive a full share of the Big Ten media revenue. Former additions - Nebraska, Maryland, and Rutgers received only a fraction of the amount for the first six years of membership as I recall.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:50 pm

Is Fiscarelli is a real guy, a former USBWA writer??

The silliest Monday development came from Marc Fiscarelli. Who is Marc Fiscarelli? According to his Twitter bio, he’s a USBWA member that covers Northwestern and UIC. According to Google, that person only exists on Twitter.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wild ... -calipari/

So apparently he is a fictitious character/Pen Name online/twitter?
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Novachap » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:56 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Is Fiscarelli is a real guy, a former USBWA writer??

The silliest Monday development came from Marc Fiscarelli. Who is Marc Fiscarelli? According to his Twitter bio, he’s a USBWA member that covers Northwestern and UIC. According to Google, that person only exists on Twitter.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wild ... -calipari/

So apparently he is a fictitious character/Pen Name online/twitter?

Crazy isn't it? Although, I did think it was you Git :lol:
Novachap

Postby BEwannabe » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:33 am

Doesn't really fit my wants but frankly the direction the B1G might be pursuing (adding Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Washington) creating both geographic fit for west schools while at the same time big prime time opportunities / markets for Ohio St, Michigan, etc (schools with either large alumni base or as the case with the Bucks large recruiting ties to southern cal (huge pipeline for Bucks) might be the direction for BE.

That being if the goal is marquee matchups with Zags , create a western division or partnership...not sure what the ideal number of teams is right for MSG BE tourney but I know it's more than what is currently available. So a situation where only so many teams qualify form eastern & western division so you get more teams and better quality.

Haven't thought thru all the angles nor does it appear has the B1G as I think they're more addressing the growing State of Cal question UCLA bolting at the expense of Cal
BEwannabe

Postby Edrick » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:11 am

It doesn't really apply because there's only one West Coast team that would be of interest. The reason Gonzaga became what they are is also the reason they have very little in the way of conference options. There just isn't quality basketball west of the Mississippi River. GU got good because they had no competition filling a niche.
Edrick

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board