A Review of the Bluejays

The home for Big East hoops

Re: A Review of the Bluejays

Postby Omaha1 » Wed May 04, 2022 8:54 pm

Hall2012 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:Lotta hype around the Jays. Sure hope they don't let the league down this year.

At this point hype is good publicity for Creighton and the Big East March is always a crapshoot but im loving the offseason hype.

I'm sure it's fun and certainly is good publicity. My point is the with hype comes pressure. They're not gonna be the hunters anymore this season. And I don't even care how they do in Big East play, I'm just counting on them to live up the flag bearer expectation in OOC play.

I can’t disagree with you. This year will be unlike any that Creighton has ever played to be honest. Jays should be a preseason top 10 team and will get everyone’s best shot. Excited doesn’t begin explain how the fan base feels right now.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu May 05, 2022 11:04 am

Hall2012 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:Lotta hype around the Jays. Sure hope they don't let the league down this year.

At this point hype is good publicity for Creighton and the Big East March is always a crapshoot but im loving the offseason hype.

I'm sure it's fun and certainly is good publicity. My point is the with hype comes pressure. They're not gonna be the hunters anymore this season. And I don't even care how they do in Big East play, I'm just counting on them to live up the flag bearer expectation in OOC play.

No worries Hall2012, Big Ryan's got u covered. Pressure, ...what pressure? If you look at the fan reaction across the country - lil cr8n ain't s'posed to be ranked. I'm luvin'
the HATE already. :lol:

Barely squeaked into the RPI top 50, lowly offensive efficiency, middlin' defensive team, shitty NET...where's cr8n? Jays'll just show up & play. The pressure will be on our
opponents - who are supposed to beat this Johnny-come-lately, grossly over ranked, overrated, new media-hyped, darling of the moment, cr8n. Should be fun whippin' up on
Zona, TOSU, Pig Soooiiieeee, and the rest in Maui.

Where's cr8n? Where's Omaha? "Somewhere in Middle America".

I love the idea of my Jays being the lead dog. Loving the view from up front. We have both a strong foundation and an excellent culture. Prepare well, practice hard, play smart.
Jays will do well as frontrunners - catch us if you can! ;) Good teams adapt on the fly. Great teams 'do what they do'-until you show that you can stop 'em. For some odd reason,
lil' Cr8n seems to always get an opponent's 'best game', nuthin' new there. My guys will 'do what they do' - play their game, and let the chips fall where they may.

The BEast will have 6 teams dancing, maybe 7...come March 2023. lil Cr8n will do its' part in reppin' the conference, but we All have a large stake in being our best and
"carrying" the banner for the Big East. I have confidence that Creighton will exceed the expectations of the vast majority of fans and America. Of course, I'm gtmoBlue and I always
expect greatness from the Jays. It's a tough, sometimes shitty job...but somebody's gotta geter done, and that's me.

Lil' Creighton has entered the "then you Win" stage... ;)

- git
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Omaha1 » Tue May 24, 2022 5:51 pm

Fanta for the win:

Breaking: Creighton’s Baylor Scheierman is withdrawing from the NBA Draft and will suit up for the Bluejays this upcoming season, multiple sources tell me. Significant news for Greg McDermott and the Jays.
Omaha1

Postby Omaha1 » Tue May 31, 2022 5:00 pm

Rothstein NEWS: Creighton will play Arizona State in a neutral site game in Las Vegas on 12/12, according to multiple sources.

The Bluejays will also play in Las Vegas two days earlier --- on 12/10 --- against BYU.
Omaha1

Postby kayako » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:23 am

Omaha1 wrote:Rothstein NEWS: Creighton will play Arizona State in a neutral site game in Las Vegas on 12/12, according to multiple sources.

The Bluejays will also play in Las Vegas two days earlier --- on 12/10 --- against BYU.

It feels like they play BE teams every season.
supernova
kayako

Postby Django » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:04 pm

kayako wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:Rothstein NEWS: Creighton will play Arizona State in a neutral site game in Las Vegas on 12/12, according to multiple sources.

It feels like they play BE teams every season.

Creighton plays them a lot, we have a campus in Phoenix and Mac loves Arizona for golfing opportunities
Django

Postby Omaha1 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:06 pm

Creighton announced that Rati Andronikashvili will not return to school, but will pursue a pro career in Europe.
Omaha1

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board