A Review of the Hoyas

The home for Big East hoops

Re: A Review of the Hoyas

Postby smallmodularreactor » Tue May 17, 2022 4:29 pm

Assuming you’re talking about me….hard to tell since you seem to have lost your big boy pants though.

And I’m not even defending him, learn some nuance. I pursue the truth. I’m sorry you don’t have more informed and accurate information to form your understanding of the truth. Clearly you are in the dark. No shade, just facts.

If the record spoke for itself we wouldn’t even be having this conversation….but you do you. The team (players and coaches) absolutely did not quit last year, and we weren’t actually “blown out” in the majority of games, but again you’d have to have some understanding of nuance to actually understand. Being overly negative and redundant pointing out the obvious is definitely more productive than trying to actually understand the underlying issues plaguing the program. But I guess without nuance you’re left to assume one individual could be solely (or even predominantly) responsible for the current state of affairs.

Have you actually played sports? Or just talking from the perspective of a couch potato?
smallmodularreactor

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Burrito » Wed May 18, 2022 11:02 am

The Hoyas were blown out in a majority of games.

Reviewing the 20 games against Big East opponents, the Hoyas were down at least 10 points in 19 of the 20 games at some point and were down at least 20 points in 11 games.
Burrito

Postby DeadHeadHoya » Wed May 18, 2022 5:18 pm

They were blown out badly in the majority of games they played in the conference

They were possibly the single worst team in any major conference . They Are a joke and most people have 0 faith that Ewing will turn it around .
DeadHeadHoya

Postby Jet915 » Mon May 23, 2022 7:46 pm

Wahab is coming back to G-town. Are they still the worst team in the Big East? It might be debatable now...
Jet915

Postby kayako » Mon May 23, 2022 8:07 pm

How often do we see a player transfer back? Ewing will have some talent to work with this time.
supernova
kayako

Postby DudeAnon » Mon May 23, 2022 8:42 pm

He needs a waiver to avoid having to sit out a year right? I know his coach fired so maybe he will get it.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Hoya9697 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:45 pm

I love the pieces coach has brought in, and this is a huge one, but the guy better be better than bottom four with this roster. I’m sure our resident apologist will applaud a 5-6 win (in conference) performance; I’m demanding 10 minimum, but Ewing can’t coach for s***, so I expect something in the 4-6 range.
Hoya9697

Postby Hoya9697 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:48 pm

DeadHeadHoya wrote:Love this guy defending Ewing so hard . I did that for 3-5 years now I’m over him and he has proven to be one of (Probably the single worst) coach in the entire Big East .

He’s a legend , I love him as a man and a player but the record and off the court speaks for its self . Hard to give a single crap about this team and program . Let’s check back in next year at this time and see how blindly you will stand by him

He was a great player, but a very, very flawed man. And he’s a piece of excrement as a coach.
Hoya9697

Postby DudeAnon » Tue May 24, 2022 6:51 am

Hoya9697 wrote:
DeadHeadHoya wrote:Love this guy defending Ewing so hard . I did that for 3-5 years now I’m over him and he has proven to be one of (Probably the single worst) coach in the entire Big East .

He’s a legend , I love him as a man and a player but the record and off the court speaks for its self . Hard to give a single crap about this team and program . Let’s check back in next year at this time and see how blindly you will stand by him

He was a great player, but a very, very flawed man. And he’s a piece of excrement as a coach.

Man, you need to chill with the f out. It's just a game.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue May 24, 2022 3:57 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
Man, you need to chill with the f out. It's just a game.

A ha, ha, ha... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P

("it's JUST a game...", :lol: )
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board