A Review of the Bluejays

The home for Big East hoops

Re: A Review of the Bluejays

Postby adoraz » Tue May 03, 2022 11:55 am

Huge not just for Lil Creighton but also the Big East. This will help improve some of the pre-season "how will the Big East do without Jay Wright?" takes. Having a pre-season top 5 team that won't even be Villanova is really helpful.
Johnnies
adoraz

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Burrito » Tue May 03, 2022 1:37 pm

Scheierman had 18 points and 10 rebounds against Providence in the first round of this year's NCAA tournament.
Burrito

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue May 03, 2022 3:33 pm

cu blujs wrote:Now comes the part that a Creighton team has rarely had to tackle (and never at this magnitude) - meeting/ exceeding sky high expectations.

This Jays team will be fine. The current crop of players have played at high levels in their respective HS/AAU programs. They've already played against their college opponents for years
and know they can compete. The players will thrive in this environment...it's what they came to college for.

Now the fans...that's another story. 'Now comes the part that a Creighton Fanbase has rarely had to tackle (and never at this magnitude) - meeting/ exceeding sky-high expectations.'
The typical Jays fan is trite, apologetic, conservative, 'realistic', and middlin' in his/her expectations. They DREA M of the big time, but most would never be presumptuous enough to say so out loud.
There are a handful of Jays faithful who have consistently been highly optimistic and forward-thinking, only to have injuries and other setbacks derail the better Creighton teams. High expectations and the public
exclamation of such is not new for the minority of Creighton Optimists.

Perhaps we have sufficient depth to ride out any injury this coming season. We shall see. #ROLLDAMNJAYS
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Tue May 03, 2022 4:00 pm

Jays gonna be LOADED next year. Seeing them as high as #2 in some early preseason polls. gtmoBlue and I are gonna be enjoying the ride.

Bluejays for Life!
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue May 03, 2022 8:59 pm

The good thing about predictions/projections is being right.
When a team is projected to be good, many pundits, the public, and general outsiders denigrate, backbite, put down, and the rest. If
the team has a good foundation & culture - it's water off a duck's back. If the team is weak foundationally and/or there are cracks within
its culture...that team will crumble and fail.

I love the idea of my Jays being the lead dog. We have both a strong foundation and an excellent culture. Prepare well, practice hard, play smart.
Good teams adapt on the fly. Great teams 'do what they do'-until you show that you can stop 'em. For some odd reason, lil' Cr8n seems to always get
an opponent's 'best game', nuthin' new there. My guys will 'do what they do' - play their game, and let the chips fall where they may.

Lil cr8n in the non-conference will surprise many opponents. Our brothers in the BEast know us...know how we play. In any case - nonconference or conference -
"the thing is" can the opponent stop it. We know what Nova is gonna do, but can we stop it? We know what lil cr8n is gonna do, can we stop it?

It's gonna be one helluva fun season. 4-5 ranked BEast teams: cr8n, nova, X, prov, maybe UC_nnt, maybe SH, maybe Marq.

Chesty...I'll bring the Brats and spicy mustard.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby hortle » Tue May 03, 2022 9:50 pm

gtmo --

do not put a citrus fruit into your cast-iron skillet. The juice will burn quickly and ruin your seasoning
hortle

Postby kayako » Wed May 04, 2022 7:10 am

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Jays gonna be LOADED next year. Seeing them as high as #2 in some early preseason polls. gtmoBlue and I are gonna be enjoying the ride.

Bluejays for Life!

It'd actually be pretty nice to finally get a pair of measuring stick games. It's been 9 years since Nova fans got to circle the calendar. :D
supernova
kayako

Postby Hall2012 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:10 am

Lotta hype around the Jays. Sure hope they don't let the league down this year.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby Jet915 » Wed May 04, 2022 10:57 am

Hall2012 wrote:Lotta hype around the Jays. Sure hope they don't let the league down this year.

At this point hype is good publicity for Creighton and the Big East March is always a crapshoot but im loving the offseason hype.
Jet915

Postby Hall2012 » Wed May 04, 2022 1:43 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:Lotta hype around the Jays. Sure hope they don't let the league down this year.

At this point hype is good publicity for Creighton and the Big East March is always a crapshoot but im loving the offseason hype.

I'm sure it's fun and certainly is good publicity. My point is the with hype comes pressure. They're not gonna be the hunters anymore this season. And I don't even care how they do in Big East play, I'm just counting on them to live up the flag bearer expectation in OOC play.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board