Who wins?

Creighton
89%
San Diego State
11%

Total votes : 18

Re: NCAAT - Creighton (9) vs San Diego St (8) - Thursday 7:2

Postby ArmyVet » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:04 am

This win and season success for McDermott is one of the better jobs I can recall in the league. Good luck vs KU.
ArmyVet

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Savannah Jay » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:57 am

EMT wrote:Any idea on the extent of the injury?

Nothing yet but he was in a wheelchair after the game and Mac said he's "unlikely" to play tomorrow. His knee wasn't wrapped while in the wheelchair. I'd think there' would be imaging done today.

Watching the Jays after St. Patrick's Day in Savannah had me all over the well-oiled spectrum...frustrated to high fives but devastated for Kalk. Gonna a need a flawless game tomorrow...can't go 2-14 from 3 without big Ryan.

After back to back losses to Butler and X in January, this has been quite a year.
Savannah Jay

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:25 pm

Kalkbrenner out for rest of tournament but expected to make full recover in 2-3 months so not likely ligament damage, great news.
Jet915

Postby kayako » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:29 pm

Jet915 wrote:Kalkbrenner out for rest of tournament but expected to make full recover in 2-3 months so not likely ligament damage, great news.

Great news. Playing with house money now, so even if they lose I hope they go out swinging.
supernova
kayako

Postby Savannah Jay » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:39 pm

kayako wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Kalkbrenner out for rest of tournament but expected to make full recover in 2-3 months so not likely ligament damage, great news.

Great news. Playing with house money now, so even if they lose I hope they go out swinging.

Absolutely playing with house money. We may get our butts kicked but here's hoping we come out loose, with nothing to lose. Won't hurt if Hawk and O'Connell hit some 3s.
Savannah Jay

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:41 pm

Proud as hell of all our Big East teams and players. Way to go Prov.
Surprised by the extent of the Marquette L and shocked that UConn lost at all?

C'mon Big East today...(Friday-18th)

Very pleased with the lil Cr8n performance yesterday. The Big Ryan injury caught me off guard. Oops.
Wasn't gonna be any cakewalk to begin with, but now...Very shorthanded, injury-riddled, and short-benched:
2 scholie players Rati & Kancleris... and 2 walk-ons: Devin and Sami, healthy. Doesn't look promising...

However, Kansas - in the Dance - has consistently choked under several differing scenarios over the years.
God willing, the Jays play like they did vs Nova Gm1 and Prov Gm2 (BET), KU has shot their wad yesterday vs Tex St, and
ol' Easy Ed loans the Jays a bit of Irish Luck...Who knows what may transpire. That's why they play the games.

#RollProvidence #RollDamnJays
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby OmahaGuy » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:00 pm

Just when I think thought this team was done (down by 9 with 2:30 left) they proved me wrong and fought back to force OT and then win the freaking game. My goodness this team has so much heart and hustle. Happy I was wrong.

I was worried because SDSU traditionally is the kind of team that's Creighton's kryptonite. Long, athletic and defense-first. They were also senior-laden and had guys who played in this tournament before. Last year they got blown out in the first round by Syracuse. So I thought that bad memory would fire up the Aztecs.

But none of that mattered. Jays find a way to win and it's on to Kansas!

Also happy to hear Kalk's injury wasn't as serious as originally believed
OmahaGuy

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board