Who wins?

UCONN
81%
New Mexico State
19%

Total votes : 16

Re: NCAAT - UCONN (5) vs New Mexico St (12) - Thurs 6:50pm

Postby kayako » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:58 pm

They shot 64% from the 3. Shit happens in the NCAAT.
supernova
kayako

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:08 pm

Teddy Allen scored 37. He was a Nebraska high school legend playing for BoysTown - yes, that BoysTown. He was always a hothead and the fact that he has been at 5 schools and was even run out of Nebraska who is terrible, makes this so interesting. He was always a volume scorer, but I never imagined that he would beat UConn single handedly.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby JayPak » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:49 pm

XUFan09 wrote:But also, UConn's offense has flipped between great one possession and crappy the next, nothing in between.

They were like that all season.
"When you lose a program like Creighton, there's no sugarcoating it," Valley Commissioner Doug Elgin said. "It's a devastating loss. They're going to go on and have success in the league they've joined." Yahoo Sports, October 10, 2013.
JayPak

Postby XUFan09 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:28 am

JayPak wrote:
XUFan09 wrote:But also, UConn's offense has flipped between great one possession and crappy the next, nothing in between.

They were like that all season.

Very true.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby EMT » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:14 am

billyjack wrote:
EMT wrote:
billyjack wrote:UConn will win by 25.

This is the surest win in the first round, ither than Villanova-Delaware and *maybe* Gonzaga- Georgia State.

I always liked how announcers would say the name of the Aggies' hometown-- "Las Cruces", usually said with a lot of saliva.

@FreezingColdTakes

Smart move rooting against Big East teams, genius.

Wrong... TEAM. Only one.
EMT

Re: NCAAT - UConn (5) vs New Mexico St (12) - Thurs 6:50pm

Postby ecasadoSBU » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:01 am

Showing my face around here today.

Because last night was rough.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby ArmyVet » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:03 am

I was flipping between games and even when UCONN was down I was sure that they would come back and win. What the heck happened?
ArmyVet

Postby billyjack » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:47 am

ArmyVet wrote:I was flipping between games and even when UCONN was down I was sure that they would come back and win. What the heck happened?

Right, UConn was down 7 or 9 when i put it on with around 13 minutes left.

They cut it to tied, or 1, or 2 with around 8 to go. Each time, Teddy Allen would drill a ridiculous shot to get it back to 3, 4, or 5... UConn had a few long possessions, but would eventually get it to 1 or 2 again... then Teddy Allen would drill a couple more shots.
This pattern with Allen repeated itself around 8 times. He was a one man wrecking crew.

The guy was unbelievable, and he was acting like a total c-ckhead while doing it. He drew legit fouls, but they were relatively pain-free bump fouls.

On one drive he was fouled and Martin was pulled down with him on the floor (avoided landing on him) and Allen started yelling and looking for a fight.

Basically, the kid is a psycho, made Peter Kiss look like Sister Jean. The refs didn't want to have the game decided by a late tech, so he was free to act like a douche... especially up 6 with 30 seconds left.

Ih yeah, the NM State center was a douche too, going against Sanogo. Anyway.

Anyway, that's beside the point i guess. To me, UConn should've constantly double-teamed and probably should've triple-teamed Allen... and since he was drawing fouls (legit ones), UConn should've hammered him a few times.
Providence
billyjack

Postby billyjack » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:04 am

Also, the UConn ending and the Creighton comeback in regulation were happening almost at the same time, maybe the Jays game was 4 minutes behind. As someone said, total agita.
Providence
billyjack

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:24 am

billyjack wrote:Also, the UConn ending and the Creighton comeback in regulation were happening almost at the same time, maybe the Jays game was 4 minutes behind. As someone said, total agita.

I actually turned the Jays to UConn late during a break which is something I would normally not do. Think the NMSt lead went from 7 down to 1 during that CU commercial break. I turned it back to watch the Jays and then the Huskies tanked again. Hope I wasn’t the cause.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board