BE POY, COY, NCOY, & All-BE Predictions

The home for Big East hoops

Re: BE POY, COY, NCOY, & All-BE Predictions

Postby chicagojayfan » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:44 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:
kayako wrote:I've been saying it on this board the past few weeks that Creighton shouldn't be where bracketologists had them at. But if Creigton had a slam dunk 6th man of the year, to me it means their starters were pretty friggin elite. I wasn't making some sarcastic retort, sorry if it sounded that way. All those award winners in a conference this strong sounds to me like a top 5 team.

Well, every school has "over the top" fans that believe their guys are the greatest. That's probably okay. But i don't think most CU fans think Trey was a slam dunk 6th man although his play speaks for himself now that he is a starter playing a position that's not his "natural" position.

Now that we know Bynum won 6th man, 100% cool with that and thought maybe he was a first teamer.

Don't see everything that people post, but can't remember seeing anyone call for Alexander as 6th man of the year. Outstanding year for a freshman, but there were growing pains as well.
chicagojayfan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:52 pm

chicagojayfan wrote:
Savannah Jay wrote:
kayako wrote:I've been saying it on this board the past few weeks that Creighton shouldn't be where bracketologists had them at. But if Creigton had a slam dunk 6th man of the year, to me it means their starters were pretty friggin elite. I wasn't making some sarcastic retort, sorry if it sounded that way. All those award winners in a conference this strong sounds to me like a top 5 team.

Well, every school has "over the top" fans that believe their guys are the greatest. That's probably okay. But i don't think most CU fans think Trey was a slam dunk 6th man although his play speaks for himself now that he is a starter playing a position that's not his "natural" position.

Now that we know Bynum won 6th man, 100% cool with that and thought maybe he was a first teamer.

Don't see everything that people post, but can't remember seeing anyone call for Alexander as 6th man of the year. Outstanding year for a freshman, but there were growing pains as well.

I did...back on page 2, in my revision of Gumby's take.

Congrats to Bynum as 6th man. I thought either he or Watson should have been 1st team - my pref was Watson. No 1st teamer for the Champs??? seems odd.

Who would I drop? Cole or Sonogo. (Initially I thought to drop Champagnie, but individually he played well.)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Angry Dan » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:54 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:

Congrats to Bynum as 6th man. I thought either he or Watson should have been 1st team - my pref was Watson. No 1st teamer for the Champs??? seems odd.

Who would I drop? Cole or Sonogo. (Initially I thought to drop Champagnie, but individually he played well.)

The league is just too good this year. Look at the honorable mention cast, they would be a great team, and there is only four of them!
Angry Dan

Postby Novachap » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:52 pm

It's official..

Gillespie is POY
Cooley -- COY
Novachap

Postby Omaha1 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:00 pm

Nembhard FOY
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby hoopseinstein23 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:29 pm

When does Ewing get fired? Will they chase him out with pitchforks? What a loser. terrible player and even worse as a coach. This guy just cant win
hoopseinstein23

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:58 am

There were a few people, mostly Providence fans, who did not think Ryan Kalkbrenner should have been defensive player of the year. I don’t think Ed Cooley was in that group.

Ryan Kalkbrenner took it to us today. He was good,” Cooley said. “He impacted the game in every way in front of the rim. I think we went two days without a basket. And I think he was a big reason why.”

“The Friars shot just 11-of-24 on shots inside of five feet, largely because Kalkbrenner blocked or altered nearly every shot they attempted. On shots he directly contested, they were 1-of-11 (9.1%). Providence’s star center Nate Watson had five points and one lonely rebound in 25 invisible minutes.”
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board