BE POY, COY, NCOY, & All-BE Predictions

The home for Big East hoops

Re: BE POY, COY, NCOY, & All-BE Predictions

Postby Angry Dan » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:07 pm

Great great all conference rosters. First team is so impressive.

As a Jay fan I am really proud of Hawkins making second team. What a great story.

I was hoping O’Connell would get honorable mention, but glad to see Kalk make it, and he has great company. There is only four guys on the honorable mention, but those four guys would make one hell of a basketball team.

This is a tough and talented league. I expect to see the Big East make a ton of noise in March.
Angry Dan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby butlerguy03 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:55 pm

No Lukosius on all-Freshman…ok whatever
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby MackNova » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:41 pm

Gillespie POY and Cooley COY should be unanimous.
MackNova

Postby Friarsfan94 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:57 pm

outlawwales23 wrote:
kayako wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:
Why stop there? Creighton should also be awarded the Big East Championship (regular season too, sorry Providence) and a 1 seed in the NCAAs. Maybe even that National Championship. The have the best coach and best players after all.

I would think a team that has the best coach, best defensive player, a 1st teamer, a FOY, and the best 6th man in the BE wouldn't find itself in the bubble. I do think McDermott has a case, though.

So who do you disagree with?

Do you disagree that Kalkbrenner is the DPOY? Compare him straight up against whomever else you want to put in that conversation -- he made both Sanogo and Obiagu look like midmajor players. Obiagu wasn't able to defend anyone and spent his entire day on the bench. Same thing happened last year when Ike "Sham Defensive Player of the Year" had to be taken out of the game against Creighton because he couldn't defend anyone on the floor.

Do you disagree that Nembhard is the FOY? Who are you giving it to if not him?

Do you disagree that Hawkins and/or Kalkbrenner deserve first team consideration?

You already agreed with McDermott having a case.

I’ll play. Minaya is DPOY. He locked up every opposing player on the first and second team aside from the centers. 2/3 of the world is covered by ocean. The rest is covered by Justin Minaya.
Friarsfan94

Postby Savannah Jay » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:39 am

kayako wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:
Why stop there? Creighton should also be awarded the Big East Championship (regular season too, sorry Providence) and a 1 seed in the NCAAs. Maybe even that National Championship. The have the best coach and best players after all.

I would think a team that has the best coach, best defensive player, a 1st teamer, a FOY, and the best 6th man in the BE wouldn't find itself in the bubble. I do think McDermott has a case, though.

I wouldn't argue for any of the CU "slam dunks" except R2 as FOY.

But the bubble comment is silly. Why are we on the bubble? Is it because we are 5 games over .500 in the Big East? No. It's because we played this season with 8 guys, 6 of whom never played together before and we struggled early. We beat some cupcakes but not by enough to boost our NET. That's why we are on the bubble. The guys CU fans are "pushing" all played some pretty terrific basketball in conference. I was happy to see all 3 frosh make the all freshman team. So many times heralded recruits get on campus and they just don't handle the transition to D1 ball very well. Those 3 are as good as advertised.

Seems like it's perfectly fine to cheer for guys on your team and advocate for them on a message board without the stupid retorts.
Savannah Jay

Postby Novachap » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:48 am

I’ll play. Minaya is DPOY. He locked up every opposing player on the first and second team aside from the centers. 2/3 of the world is covered by ocean. The rest is covered by Justin Minaya.[/quote]

I agree, Minaya is a beast. If they go the non-center route he should get it... but, have to ask, who did he guard against Nova? Wasn't it Moore and Gillespie? :)
Novachap

Postby kayako » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:57 am

Savannah Jay wrote:
kayako wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:

I wouldn't argue for any of the CU "slam dunks" except R2 as FOY.

But the bubble comment is silly. Why are we on the bubble? Is it because we are 5 games over .500 in the Big East? No. It's because we played this season with 8 guys, 6 of whom never played together before and we struggled early. We beat some cupcakes but not by enough to boost our NET. That's why we are on the bubble. The guys CU fans are "pushing" all played some pretty terrific basketball in conference. I was happy to see all 3 frosh make the all freshman team. So many times heralded recruits get on campus and they just don't handle the transition to D1 ball very well. Those 3 are as good as advertised.

Seems like it's perfectly fine to cheer for guys on your team and advocate for them on a message board without the stupid retorts.

I've been saying it on this board the past few weeks that Creighton shouldn't be where bracketologists had them at. But if Creigton had a slam dunk 6th man of the year, to me it means their starters were pretty friggin elite. I wasn't making some sarcastic retort, sorry if it sounded that way. All those award winners in a conference this strong sounds to me like a top 5 team.
supernova
kayako

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:06 am

Kalk got DPOY
Bynum 6th man
Donald Carey from Georgetown Sportsmanship
Lewis Most Improved
stever20

Postby kayako » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:21 am

stever20 wrote:Kalk got DPOY
Bynum 6th man
Donald Carey from Georgetown Sportsmanship
Lewis Most Improved

Second time that Cooley brought in an undersized A10 guard that needs some time to get used to BE level play, then turns into a monster down the stretch.

I thought Minaya had the DPOY, but this Slater dunk must have ruined it.

https://twitter.com/DylanDylanShow/status/1498806743098343428?s=20&t=FJ4wpjEyt4yg8416Ygjv-g
supernova
kayako

Postby Savannah Jay » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:23 am

kayako wrote:I've been saying it on this board the past few weeks that Creighton shouldn't be where bracketologists had them at. But if Creigton had a slam dunk 6th man of the year, to me it means their starters were pretty friggin elite. I wasn't making some sarcastic retort, sorry if it sounded that way. All those award winners in a conference this strong sounds to me like a top 5 team.

Well, every school has "over the top" fans that believe their guys are the greatest. That's probably okay. But i don't think most CU fans think Trey was a slam dunk 6th man although his play speaks for himself now that he is a starter playing a position that's not his "natural" position.

Now that we know Bynum won 6th man, 100% cool with that and thought maybe he was a first teamer.
Savannah Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board