(1) Tuesday Big East Game 3/1/22

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (1) Tuesday Big East Game 3/1/22

Postby kayako » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:01 am

stever20 wrote:I wonder if you might see the league change the rules after the year where if games are unequal instead of going to winning percentage it goes to games back in the standings.

I am not aware of any league in any sports that does this. Uneven home/away split is kinda weird, but uneven schedules do exist in college basketball. Winning percentage is still better than number of wins or losses.
supernova
kayako

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby butlerguy03 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:31 am

kayako wrote:
stever20 wrote:I wonder if you might see the league change the rules after the year where if games are unequal instead of going to winning percentage it goes to games back in the standings.

I am not aware of any league in any sports that does this. Uneven home/away split is kinda weird, but uneven schedules do exist in college basketball. Winning percentage is still better than number of wins or losses.

Disagree. In a situation like this year, total wins should've been the first metric.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:39 am

While the total wins argument definitely has major merit, there must be some consistency by the league.
I advocated for a change in the preseason and obviously Val, Stu, and the league bosses thought differently (to be polite to ol' git).

Congrats to the Providence Friars on one helluva season and a major program milestone.
(My guys failed to show up in the 2nd half...oh well - such is crime in the Big City - life goes on.)

After last season - yes, this is funny - if Nova joined UConn irt sour grapes?

Prov fans, Billyjack, BE basketball afficionados... Congrats!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby FenwayFriar » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:22 am

Obviously I want a win, but with our seeding secure I'm mostly just jazzed that we have Gus & Raft on the call tonight. First time they're calling a PC game this season. Always thought it was a shame that we only get them in the early round BET games and not the BET final on Saturday night. Jim Jackson is fine but it's too bad we can't showcase them on our biggest stage on Big Fox.
FenwayFriar

Postby Husky_U » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:21 pm

Nova by a hunned.
Husky_U

Postby billyjack » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:39 pm

Brian O'Connell reffing the game. Wtf?

Wtf, O'Connell and Pat Driscoll, hahaha haha haha hahaha.

Almost hit the trifecta if James Breeding was there too!
Providence
billyjack

Postby ecasadoSBU » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:49 pm

Supporting PC from home.

Lets goo!!!
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby billyjack » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:49 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:While the total wins argument definitely has major merit, there must be some consistency by the league.
I advocated for a change in the preseason and obviously Val, Stu, and the league bosses thought differently (to be polite to ol' git).

Congrats to the Providence Friars on one helluva season and a major program milestone.
(My guys failed to show up in the 2nd half...oh well - such is crime in the Big City - life goes on.)

After last season - yes, this is funny - if Nova joined UConn irt sour grapes?

Prov fans, Billyjack, BE basketball afficionados... Congrats!

Thanks Gtmo!
Providence
billyjack

Postby kayako » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:01 pm

People keep saying Providence is some pesky team that wins on grit alone, but they have more legit scoring options than most teams in the country.
supernova
kayako

Postby MackNova » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:49 pm

Always good to sweep the Big East champions. Looking forward to hopefully getting our 16th win of the Big East season at Butler while Providence rests for the BET.
MackNova

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board