Rankings for 2021-22

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Rankings for 2021-22

Postby Xudash » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:47 pm

admin wrote:
Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:
ArmyVet – please note that 2021-22 Attendance Rankings are 2021-22 rankings, and therefore on-topic on this thread.

Dayton was drawing more than 10,000 fans per game ten years before the Big East was formed. Dayton’s attendance is no big secret. Get over yourself.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feels like it might be time for you to take a break from this board.

Good for you. Well done.

Dayton is not part of this conference for obvious and good reasons. And it will stay that way.
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby adoraz » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:26 pm

Attendance isn't even that high on the Big East's expansion radar. TV ratings, new markets, competitiveness, institutional fits and filling up MSG for the BET are much more important. Filling up MSG would be the most similar metric to attendance, but that's been a total non-issue for years now (especially with UConn here). If Dayton had noteworthy TV ratings they'd already be in.

End of the day I don't really mind seeing attendance numbers, but don't do it in a way that "advertises" Dayton and the A10 while also putting down Big East teams and posters. St. John's for instance is having a crappy season and attendance is further impacted by COVID in NYC, so there's no reason to kick us when we're down. At least try to be somewhat sneaky about it... for example, a "highest attendance outside of the Big East" list. Good riddance, if you're ever unbanned then take some notes from Stever 2.0 on how to be a solid contributor.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby kayako » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:04 pm

adoraz wrote:If Dayton had noteworthy TV ratings they'd already be in.

Yeah, the real intent behind his A10 attendance figures was to point out how much better Dayton is over St. Louis and VCU, often speculated BE expansion candidates. He should've posted attendance figures for all potential candidates in the realignment thread, but then he wouldn't have been able to find a reason to keep "updating" this number every 2 weeks :lol:
supernova
kayako

Postby billyjack » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:.

ArmyVet – please note that 2021-22 Attendance Rankings are 2021-22 rankings, and therefore on-topic on this thread.

Dayton was drawing more than 10,000 fans per game ten years before the Big East was formed. Dayton’s attendance is no big secret. Get over yourself.

Man, totally out of line mouthing off to one our most well-respected posters. You're a guest on our site here dude.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:14 pm

It's funny when I think of Rankings, I think of AP and Coaches rankings and maybe even NET. Not attendance. :lol:
stever20

Postby billyjack » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:40 pm

stever20 wrote:It's funny when I think of Rankings, I think of AP and Coaches rankings and maybe even NET. Not attendance. :lol:

Exactly. This thread is about AP, etc, rankings.
Providence
billyjack

Postby adoraz » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:52 pm

billyjack wrote:
stever20 wrote:It's funny when I think of Rankings, I think of AP and Coaches rankings and maybe even NET. Not attendance. :lol:

Lol yeah I started this topic and my intention was the 3 things you listed.

Don't get me wrong any type of rankings are fine to post, but attendance rankings aren't something 99% of fans would give much thought to. Fans might pay attention to attendance from other schools once a year (at the end when this stuff is posted), but that's it. Even school ADs don't care that much about attendance "rankings". Attendance figures, attendance relative to prior years, total revenue, etc. absolutely, but rankings like this wouldn't be their top priority.

I've seen very few fans gloat about attendance rankings, even during down years. I don't recall Creighton or Marquette fans for instance bragging about their attendance relative to other Big East programs. :lol:
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby Hall2012 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:53 pm

I agree with Adoraz that attendance numbers are very low priority, borderline irrelevant, when it comes to conference expansion. Would the Big East be eager to take a school that consistently plays in an empty gym? Probably not but no school with decent results is going to have that problem The difference between a school drawing 6-7k (especially if that's near their capacity) per game or 13k per game is irrelevant to the conference and all other teams in the conference.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:19 pm

billyjack wrote:

What a difference a year makes. Never expected to see an HLOH OG like BJack agree with Stever on anything. Good for you Stever. You’re now officially a BE fan. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby billyjack » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:18 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
billyjack wrote:

What a difference a year makes. Never expected to see an HLOH OG like BJack agree with Stever on anything. Good for you Stever. You’re now officially a BE fan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahaha, maybe there is hope for the world! Next we'll see dogs and cats sleeping together.
Providence
billyjack

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board