Stever v. 2.0

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Stever v. 2.0

Postby stever20 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:04 pm

still hope after a month folks are still feeling the same way.

I'd love to try to go live for a weekend(meaning unmoderated) and just see how things go.

I'm afraid per the gif there is only a 8.2% chance of that happening. oh well.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby admin » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:46 pm

Non-AAC Stever seems to be more palatable. However, the number of messages and threads (since moved off the public board) asking for your moderation or banning over the years worries me. Consider this an opportunity not to be abused.
admin
Site Admin

Postby stever20 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:51 pm

admin wrote:Non-AAC Stever seems to be more palatable. However, the number of messages and threads (since moved off the public board) asking for your moderation or banning over the years worries me. Consider this an opportunity not to be abused.

Thank you. Do appreciate it.
stever20

Postby ecasadoSBU » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:00 pm

#FreeStever!
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby Xuperman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:23 am

I am VERY curious to know which AAC University he is aligned to. UConn?? Has that ever been revealed? Obviously he has displayed zero fandom for the BE prior to. Maybe I missed it, but clear up it up Stever so your posts can be taken in context.
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby stever20 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:32 am

Xuperman wrote:I am VERY curious to know which AAC University he is aligned to. UConn?? Has that ever been revealed? Obviously he has displayed zero fandom for the BE prior to. Maybe I missed it, but clear up it up Stever so your posts can be taken in context.

I'm just a very big college basketball fan period. Actually had season tickets to Georgetown when I was younger- 88-89- the freshman year of Mourning and Mutombo. (man it seems really old seeing his son now at Georgetown). I don't really have a single team that I root for. Kind of shifts year to year. This year I'm really liking Marquette(think they're a really cool team and always liked Shaka) and Seton Hall. Xavier up there as well TBH.

I thought the AAC could be something... I think they had some serious potential, but never lived up to it. Some of the better programs going into the AAC never delivered(sort of like the Big East with Georgetown, Marquette, and St John's). Memphis, Temple, and UConn very similar in that regard. I do like it when the programs outside the F5 deliver in basketball. I think it'd be really boring if F5 just dominated basketball. Love seeing the ACC the way it is this year (and P12 as well).
stever20

Postby Husky_U » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:43 am

Xuperman wrote:I am VERY curious to know which AAC University he is aligned to. UConn??

That is a firm negative.
Husky_U

Postby Django » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:26 am

stever20 wrote:
Xuperman wrote:I am VERY curious to know which AAC University he is aligned to. UConn?? Has that ever been revealed? Obviously he has displayed zero fandom for the BE prior to. Maybe I missed it, but clear up it up Stever so your posts can be taken in context.

I'm just a very big college basketball fan period. Actually had season tickets to Georgetown when I was younger- 88-89- the freshman year of Mourning and Mutombo. (man it seems really old seeing his son now at Georgetown). I don't really have a single team that I root for. Kind of shifts year to year. This year I'm really liking Marquette(think they're a really cool team and always liked Shaka) and Seton Hall. Xavier up there as well TBH.

I thought the AAC could be something... I think they had some serious potential, but never lived up to it. Some of the better programs going into the AAC never delivered(sort of like the Big East with Georgetown, Marquette, and St John's). Memphis, Temple, and UConn very similar in that regard. I do like it when the programs outside the F5 deliver in basketball. I think it'd be really boring if F5 just dominated basketball. Love seeing the ACC the way it is this year (and P12 as well).

Stever, what do you think the A10 can do to be more like the B-East? I think they should do what the MVC did 20 years ago (and the Beast did with Temple) and penalize/ boot teams that don’t meet certain criteria. If they lived up to their name and kept the 10 best it would do wonders I think.

Downsizing worked great for the MWC, then they fell off a bit with the AAC, but now they’re climbing back to being a solid top 7 conference
Django

Postby stever20 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:38 am

Django wrote:
stever20 wrote:

Stever, what do you think the A10 can do to be more like the B-East? I think they should do what the MVC did 20 years ago (and the Beast did with Temple) and penalize/ boot teams that don’t meet certain criteria. If they lived up to their name and kept the 10 best it would do wonders I think.

Downsizing worked great for the MWC, then they fell off a bit with the AAC, but now they’re climbing back to being a solid top 7 conference

I don't think there's much the A10 can do. So much more competition now outside the F5+BE. You have now with those 6 conferences 78 teams. Then equals like the AAC(14), MWC(11), and maybe MVC(11). The AAC/MWC making more money. Its a tough situation for the A10 right now. Also think the new rules will hurt the A10 a lot. Look at Kolek from Marquette. He was at George Mason last year.
stever20

Postby Django » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:44 am

Could look like this for this year:

A10 2.0:

VCU
Temple
St. Bonnaventure
St. Joes
Dayton
St. Louis
Wichita State
Loyola Chicago
Davidson
Iona

I know the Shockers would be all over that shit, not sure if Temple would go Indy with their football.

Probably still too disjointed. We were lucky we had the C7 so uniquely united
Django

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board