The home for Big East hoops

(2) Tuesday Big East Games 12/21/21

Postby MUPanther » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:14 pm

18 Xavier @ 23 Villanova, 7:00, FS1 - Brandon Gaudin, Jim Jackson
Line: Villanova -5/138

UConn @ Marquette, 9:00, FS1 - Kevin Fitzgerald, Donny Marshall
Line: Connecticut -2.5/142
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

(2) Tuesday Big East Games 12/21/21

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: (2) Tuesday Big East Games 12/21/21

Postby thebigeXpress » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:58 am

Oh yes, our annual butt kicking in Philly. This is the game where Nova finds the basket. Should be a good game, though.
thebigeXpress

Postby stever20 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:31 am

thebigeXpress wrote:Oh yes, our annual butt kicking in Philly. This is the game where Nova finds the basket. Should be a good game, though.

Is this the night where if Nova got beat pretty badly that the panic starts for Nova? I mean everything else you can kind of get. @ UCLA, vs Purdue, @ Baylor- 3 of the top 5 or so teams in the country. @ Creighton- Creighton has more home wins vs Villanova than any other Big East team since 2013- they are 4-5 vs them with 3 straight wins I do believe. But home vs Xavier- a team that they've always dominated at home(7-0 with only 1 game single digits).

I think a game with Nova that will be interesting to watch is actually tomorrow when Arizona plays Tennessee. Right now, Tennessee is the Nova resume. You look at Tennessee and who they have actually beaten- it's all UNC and Colorado. This is besides Nova their toughest game by far.
stever20

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:26 pm

The Radnorites rarely lose at the Finneran...they are like 10,899-3 on campus.
Good hunting to the Muskies.
To win @Nova It will take a good gameplan, great execution, and a lot of luck.

Muskie-for-a-Day! (the enemy of my enemy, is my friend...)

Muskies are international...found this in excellent condition (Champion) at a local thrift...$8 bucks...

Steve: Shhh, you're not s'posed to say 'Nova' and 'panic' in the same sentence. Quiet as it's kept, they started panicking back in May
after JRE went to the NBA. A few more after August 15th when I picked 'em 3rd in my predictions and pointed out the glaring frontcourt
shortcomings. Remember, I had them losing all 4 Big Games in the non-con (7-4) AND losing to lil' Cr8n after Baylor. So they beat Tennessee, ho-hum...
Reality has now set in...Hard to accept when your head is in the clouds and your nose is up your heiney...typical Radnorites...

They have several more L's coming and it's gonna be a rough season in Radnor Township... :lol: :lol: ;)

It was good to see my boy Poppin' Fresh Dixon starting and playing...gotta renew that boy's donut subscription.

PS: Creighton has More Wins vs Nova than any team in America since 2013...both @WFA and @CHICO, 0-5 @Finneran. And the Jays have won 3 of the last 4.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:05 pm

I should like our odds, but everything about this points towards a "Get Right" game by Nova. Expecting 15+ 3's by Nova in a rout.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Novachap » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:21 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:The Radnorites rarely lose at the Finneran...they are like 10,899-3 on campus.
Good hunting to the Muskies.
To win @Nova It will take a good gameplan, great execution, and a lot of luck.

Muskies are international...found this in excellent condition (Champion) at a local thrift...$8 bucks...

Steve: Shhh, you're not s'posed to say 'Nova' and 'panic' in the same sentence. Quiet as it's kept, they started panicking back in May
after JRE went to the NBA. A few more after August 15th when I picked 'em 3rd in my predictions and pointed out the glaring frontcourt
shortcomings. Remember, I had them losing all 4 Big Games in the non-con (7-4) AND losing to lil' Cr8n after Baylor. So they beat Tennessee, ho-hum...
Reality has now set in...Hard to accept when your head is in the clouds and your nose is up your heiney...typical Radnorites...

They have several more L's coming and it's gonna be a rough season in Radnor Township... :lol: :lol: ;)

It was good to see my boy Poppin' Fresh Dixon starting and playing...gotta renew that boy's donut subscription.

PS: Creighton has More Wins vs Nova than any team in America since 2013...both @WFA and @CHICO, 0-5 @Finneran. And the Jays have won 3 of the last 4.

Well Git, credit where credit is due... at least you didn't start your comparison at the 19-20 season where our boys are now just 2 and 3 against Lil ol creighton.

Since 2013, yes, your jays have won a few times. The record is now 12-6 nova. Lifetime, 15-6.

Still have that return trip to the Finn come Jan 5th. Curious how that plays out.

No question, the Cats are not performing to expectations. I do believe they will turn it around and ultimately have a good year.... however, as constructed, just don't see a real deep run this year. Perhaps X, Hall, Providence, uconn or the Jays can make that run this year? TBD.
Novachap

Postby Xuperman » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:55 pm

Here's the reality of the current situation...... and this is not a rhetorical question.

How can ANY Big East team be a consistent winner, in conference, without a strong post presence AND/OR a productive bench? Wouldn't the answer be they can't? Prime example....Xavier last season.

Nova fits this billing to a "T" so far. Early foul trouble, or worse injury, will be extremely difficult to overcome with this roster.

HOWEVER, In the curious case of Villanova, they do have a unique answer, reserved for only them.....Jay Wright.
Last edited by Xuperman on Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby Xuperman » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:15 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:

Muskies are international...found this in excellent condition (Champion) at a local thrift...$8 bucks.

Obviously Ol' Git.....That hoodie was tossed in a local clothing donation box, on the way out of town, after that 2019 beat down in Omaha. Heck, its entirely possible an entire X family chucked their stuff there to avoid bringing any tainted fan gear back to Victory Pkwy!
Xuperman

Postby stever20 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:23 pm

The game is on tonight- but for those going- Nova is requiring masks tonight.
stever20

Postby Xuperman » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:02 pm

FS1 has THE BEST pre game show in the NCAA. That trio is simply surperb!
Xuperman

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board