(2) Tuesday Big East Games 12/14/21

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Tuesday Big East Games 12/14/21

Postby kayako » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:34 pm

JayPak wrote:
kayako wrote:I like their effort on defense, but they'll be overmatched against top 6 or 7 teams in the BE. They're a year away.

While this is true, on the rare night when Creighton is hitting 3's and FT's, their defense and rebounding is good enough they could upset anyone in the conference.

For gtmo's sake hopefully enough upsets to make the tourney. Hopefully BYU win stays quad 1 and ASU loss quad 3. I don't think the Jays make the tourney, but the bubble will be really weak this season. This loss shouldn't be devastating.
supernova
kayako

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:51 pm

kayako wrote:
JayPak wrote:
kayako wrote:I like their effort on defense, but they'll be overmatched against top 6 or 7 teams in the BE. They're a year away.

While this is true, on the rare night when Creighton is hitting 3's and FT's, their defense and rebounding is good enough they could upset anyone in the conference.

For gtmo's sake hopefully enough upsets to make the tourney. Hopefully BYU win stays quad 1 and ASU loss quad 3. I don't think the Jays make the tourney, but the bubble will be really weak this season. This loss shouldn't be devastating.

It makes it where 10 conference wins now are a must. 9-11 and they're only 17-14. That's normally not a tourney record at all.

It's funny people always say the bubble is weak. I think it's normally about the same every year.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:29 am

This loss pretty much negates the BYU win. We'll need atleast 11 Big East wins now to make the tourney imo (that will be a tall order).
Jet915

Postby kayako » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:40 am

stever20 wrote:
It makes it where 10 conference wins now are a must. 9-11 and they're only 17-14. That's normally not a tourney record at all.

It's funny people always say the bubble is weak. I think it's normally about the same every year.

I've never been a fan of using raw win-loss numbers to eliminate teams. It all depends on how many big wins they can get during conference play, and how the rest of the bubble performs.

It's true, people say the bubble is weak every year, but there's been a lot more "bad losses" by bubble candidates and potential bubble bursters this season. Bids gotta come from somewhere if the ACC, PAC12, etc continue to perform poorly.
supernova
kayako

Postby stever20 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:52 am

kayako wrote:
stever20 wrote:

I've never been a fan of using raw win-loss numbers to eliminate teams. It all depends on how many big wins they can get during conference play, and how the rest of the bubble performs.

It's true, people say the bubble is weak every year, but there's been a lot more "bad losses" by bubble candidates and potential bubble bursters this season. Bids gotta come from somewhere if the ACC, PAC12, etc continue to perform poorly.

Just think the committee the last 20 years or so has been pretty clear- you finish with fewer than 18 wins, you don't have a chance to make the tourney.

I think where bids are going to come from- WCC probably gets 4. MWC and AAC get 2-3 easily. A10 probably gets a couple by hook or crook. MVC if Loyola doesn't win gets a 2nd one. I think those get more than normal this year.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board