(2) Monday Night Gavitt Tip-Off Games 11/15/21

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Monday Night Gavitt Tip-Off Games 11/15/21

Postby billyjack » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:28 am

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:
jbarajas0490 wrote:I was working couldn't watch the marquette game. I did see their first game and was left unimpressed, we don't have a real pg, Shaka was playing that white guy at point but he plays like a sg, and then 4 small forwards. Wth. ALSO the Illini were playing without Kofi Cockburn and also at home but still good win.

Let us all say hello to Happy, the Goods News Bear.

Lol, so funny... that's right, a while back didn't we figure out he wasn't a Marquette guy? I forgot his team though. An odd school, maybe Cincinnati? I don't think it was Dayton.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:34 am

Big Ed Cooley's reaction when learning of Marquette's big win tonight:
https://twitter.com/KevinMcNamara33/sta ... JC_cg&s=01

Providence
billyjack

Postby Husky_U » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:58 am

Way to represent Marquette & Providence. You done did it. Wish we were playing someone with a pulse before Atlantis. :x
Husky_U

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:12 am

REDMEN1415 wrote:
CU please beat Nebraska and that little lard ass on their staff.

:lol: :lol: :lol: We'll do what we can!
You talkin to me?
Wizard of Westroads

Postby MullinMayhem » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:55 am

Wow hats off to Marquette who did everything they could to lose in final minutes missing every FT but thankfully Curbelo played really really stupid basketball and tried playing hero ball. This type of W is ahead of schedule for Marquette. If Shaka can get his guys and his VCU system going, watch out, Marquette may be back quite soon. Nice to see PC knock off Wiscy. That's the type of team that always seems to start slow but gets surprisingly good by season's end. A great investment W. 2-0 start for the Big East already awesome stuff. I think the Hall can knock off Michigan and Creighton has a chance against Nebraska. We also have a real shot against Indiana. Could be a huge year for us in Gavitt Games. Keep it up!
MullinMayhem

Postby MullinMayhem » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:58 am

Husky_U wrote:#22 is very exciting. Feel like I'm gonna hate him when we play.

I saw it right away and was surprised it wasn't called lol but love how panicked Illinois got in final minutes. They ran a clinic on what not to do in tight games late. Insanely stupid fouls which stopped clock constantly and allowed Marq to creep up without time off clock, and then Curbelo playing 1 on 5. Just so stupid.
MullinMayhem

Postby marquette » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:29 am

billyjack wrote:Fantastic night for the conference, wow!!!

i only saw the last 10 minutes of the Marquette win. They made Illinois look like the Bad News Bears, like i've never seen a team play worse hoops over a 10 minute stretch, just stunningly bad, wow. How is that team at #10?. Shaka's Havoc has already arrived in Milwaukee?

The Illini PG Curbello was comically bad and Marquette was poking his dribbles away effortlessly. And their PF Hawkins totally lost his composure.

The Friars surprised me completely, and just ground things out and did what they needed to do, while again giving me agita with missed free throws. Watson was amazing. What was with that Davison clown acting like a douche towards Croswell and others after getting stuffed? That can't work against any of us 11 teams.

I'm totally looking forward to the rest of the games. Major wins tonight guys!!! Huge night! Congrats to all of us!

Davison is a well-noted douche. There's a long list of issues but I think the best example is when he decided he didn't like losing to us so he figured he'd just punch one of our guys...in the nuts.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby MUBoxer » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:23 pm

marquette wrote:

i only saw the last 10 minutes of the Marquette win. They made Illinois look like the Bad News Bears, like i've never seen a team play worse hoops over a 10 minute stretch, just stunningly bad, wow. How is that team at #10?. Shaka's Havoc has already arrived in Milwaukee?

The Illini PG Curbello was comically bad and Marquette was poking his dribbles away effortlessly. And their PF Hawkins totally lost his composure.

The Friars surprised me completely, and just ground things out and did what they needed to do, while again giving me agita with missed free throws. Watson was amazing. What was with that Davison clown acting like a douche towards Croswell and others after getting stuffed? That can't work against any of us 11 teams.

I'm totally looking forward to the rest of the games. Major wins tonight guys!!! Huge night! Congrats to all of us!

Davison is a well-noted douche. There's a long list of issues but I think the best example is when he decided he didn't like losing to us so he figured he'd just punch one of our guys...in the nuts.

Given who it was that was punched it was fair...
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby sju88grad » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:33 pm

billyjack wrote:.
Big Ed Cooley's reaction when learning of Marquette's big win tonight:
https://twitter.com/KevinMcNamara33/sta ... JC_cg&s=01

Oh wow!! That was awesome!! Ed’s the BEST!
sju88grad

Postby Friar82 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:48 pm

MUBoxer wrote:
marquette wrote:

Given who it was that was punched it was fair...

Perhaps Xavier fans missed what happened at the end of the game. The Friar bench reciprocated the early taunting of Wisconsin fans with a gesture that Davison's used once or twice. Channeling JP Macura....

https://247sports.com/Article/Providenc ... 175509812/
Friar82

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board