2021-22 non Big East games of interest

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2021-22 non Big East games of interest

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:14 pm

Husky_U wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:Dayton just lost a buy game to Umass-Lowell.

And VCU falls to Wagner. #BigEastExpansion

Dear Gawd…. Please never these two.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Xudash » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:42 pm

I’ve been watching football all day. I thought you were kidding. That is humiliating.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby billyjack » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:24 am

Xudash wrote:
X-man wrote:
Xudash wrote:
Billyjack - my son earned his masters degree from RISD. Loved living in Providence and enjoyed the food scene there.

As a TA in grad school at Brown, I ran discussion sections and graded exams for faculty. RISD students were often enrolled. In one course where I had to grade papers, a RISD student turned in not a paper but rather a painting (with, to be fair, some economics themes embedded in the "work of art"). I had no idea what grade to assign, other than an A for originality.

Great story. Good for you for being open-minded!

Yes, omg this is awesome. And it's totally in line with the RISD philosophy. Plus the class must've been an elective for the "Risdoid", taken for fun, and in a free spirit sort of way. I feel fortunate to have gone there and to have been in contact with so many creative people.

Also X-man, my brother was undergrad at Brown, Class of 84, and in Economics too. How funny is that? That's why i knew about the octagon at Robinson Hall.

Among the nice Brown perks was that RISD students were allowed access to the Rockefeller Library (but not the Hay), so i spent many hours there hunkered down in study carrels, lol. Also, we were allowed to use the swim center too.
Providence
billyjack

Postby billyjack » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:35 am

Xudash wrote:
billyjack wrote:
X-man wrote:
I'm a proud UVM grad, class of '69, and I am quite sure that your son will love it in Burlington. I then went to Providence where I spent 5 years getting my doctorate at Brown, another fine institution. Got smacked around by PC back then when they had Ernie (no) D and Marvin "tire iron" Barnes on their roster.

That's really great X-man! He seems to be having a good experience so far from what i can tell (enjoying classes, has nice roommates and friends), and doesn't seem to be homesick at 5 hours away. He's over in the Redstone area. Wow, yes, Burlington is such a great town and an easy walk from campus. I'm looking forward to exploring it more.

Do u get back for reunions, etc? So you probably know that Gutterson is still in use for hockey, a cool old barn with a barrel ceiling, and Patrick is in the process of being replaced by a new gym.

Amazing you were at Brown too! After last night's game with our younger son, we ate in Thayer Street. The Avon is still there and it's still a neat place. Marvel Gym was replaced years ago with a gym nexr to Meehan.

I'd love to hear about your experiences at both schools and cities, and what the biggest changes have been that you've noticed over the years. I'm actually a RISD alum (1990), so you are familiar with Benefit Street too i wiuld guess.

And Ernie, Marvin and Stacom.were legends. Guy last night at the Dunk had a Marvin jersey from the Spirits of St Louis, lol.

Very cool !!!

Billyjack - my son earned his masters degree from RISD. Loved living in Providence and enjoyed the food scene there.

That's great Xudash ! Wow, small world ! What did your son major in? Yes, Providence is a fun city, great restaurants, very walkable, great history. I was there for architecture in the late 80's, when the river area was being improved, and it was cool seeing the city transform in real time. Wow, now i'm thinking of some great times from 30 years ago, which is putting me in a nice state of mind.
Providence
billyjack

Postby kayako » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:48 pm

Husky_U wrote:

And VCU falls to Wagner. #BigEastExpansion

It's been a horrific weekend for the A10. It's early, but I can't imagine more than 1 at-large from that conference.
supernova
kayako

Postby Xudash » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:04 pm

billyjack wrote:

That's great Xudash ! Wow, small world ! What did your son major in? Yes, Providence is a fun city, great restaurants, very walkable, great history. I was there for architecture in the late 80's, when the river area was being improved, and it was cool seeing the city transform in real time. Wow, now i'm thinking of some great times from 30 years ago, which is putting me in a nice state of mind.[/quote]

Master Fine Arts (MFA) to go with his bachelor’s degree from Alfred (upstate NY) in ceramics.

Providence - the town - has turned him into a foodie; loves to cook now. Go figure.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby X-man » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:49 am

Xudash wrote:
billyjack wrote:

That's great Xudash ! Wow, small world ! What did your son major in? Yes, Providence is a fun city, great restaurants, very walkable, great history. I was there for architecture in the late 80's, when the river area was being improved, and it was cool seeing the city transform in real time. Wow, now i'm thinking of some great times from 30 years ago, which is putting me in a nice state of mind.

Master Fine Arts (MFA) to go with his bachelor’s degree from Alfred (upstate NY) in ceramics.

Providence - the town - has turned him into a foodie; loves to cook now. Go figure.[/quote]
You know that Providence must be a foodie town when f**ing Johnson and Wales becomes a culinary school.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:06 am

BYU beats #12 Oregon 81-49 tonight- @ Oregon.

last top 15 team beaten by an unranked team at home like that- way back in November of 1993 when unranked UConn beat Virginia 77-36.
stever20

Postby marquette » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:07 pm

#20 Maryland goes down to George Mason.

Rhode Island beat Boston College.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:14 pm

marquette wrote:#20 Maryland goes down to George Mason.

Rhode Island beat Boston College.

but then Dayton falls hard to Lipscomb
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board