Conference Realignment: What Next?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Conference Realignment: What Next?

Postby Xudash » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:45 pm

Omaha1 wrote:Things just keep moving. If CUSA can hold it together they’ve got a massive exit fee payday coming.

Sources confirm the MAC has calls tomorrow to discuss Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee.

It’ll be the first time many members discuss the topic. Not clear which way it’ll go, but it should be resolved fairly quickly.

This is an example of where the modern business of the sport and the money chase is screwing things up.

The MAC is the MAC: similar, midsized public universities in the Midwest. Having grown up in Ohio and being familiar with Ohio in Athens and Miami in Oxford, it’s my opinion that adding those schools doesn’t make sense, at least when it comes to tradition. It seems ironic anyway, as anything the MAC could do would not possibly have that much direct affect on its finances.
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GreatDaneAttorney » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:55 am

r/cfb pointed out that Buffalo probably has some real realignment value and may end up in a better conference, maybe the ACC after they blow up in the 2030s. And it sounds like Akron may actually shut down the football program or at least move to Div 2 or FCS. Given that, MAC expansion sounds prudent.
GreatDaneAttorney

Postby Xudash » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:33 pm

I am absolutely biased. There’s no question about it, and I will be the first to admit it.

BUT: the University of Cincinnati is overrated. They barely escaped Tulsa at home today 28–20. And this is after they put on a show for ESPN COLLEGE GAMEDAY in Cincinnati.

On that note, I really enjoyed the clip they ran about Cincinnati sports, which included David West and Xavier. That really had to make the Bearcat faithful happy. A Bearcat fan held a sign up behind the stage that read “X still SUCKS“ while the crew was interviewing Fickle. Nice to know we’re in their heads.

All this pent up excitement over a watered down to be Big12.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby X-man » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:23 am

Xudash wrote:I am absolutely biased. There’s no question about it, and I will be the first to admit it.

BUT: the University of Cincinnati is overrated. They barely escaped Tulsa at home today 28–20. And this is after they put on a show for ESPN COLLEGE GAMEDAY in Cincinnati.

On that note, I really enjoyed the clip they ran about Cincinnati sports, which included David West and Xavier. That really had to make the Bearcat faithful happy. A Bearcat fan held a sign up behind the stage that read “X still SUCKS“ while the crew was interviewing Fickle. Nice to know we’re in their heads.

All this pent up excitement over a watered down to be Big12.

Perhaps it's because someone else was holding a sign that said the Bearcats had a better chance of getting into the College Football playoffs than winning the Crosstown Shootout against the Muskies.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:51 am

Geez X-man,

R U an early riser? Or Didn’t go to bed after a tough Saturday nite?

I Rarely watch a sunrise...
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby X-man » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:25 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Geez X-man,

R U an early riser? Or Didn’t go to bed after a tough Saturday nite?

I Rarely watch a sunrise...

Time change, and a dog whose body clock hasn't registered the change yet.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby ArmyVet » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:06 pm

Xudash wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:Things just keep moving. If CUSA can hold it together they’ve got a massive exit fee payday coming.

Sources confirm the MAC has calls tomorrow to discuss Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee.

It’ll be the first time many members discuss the topic. Not clear which way it’ll go, but it should be resolved fairly quickly.

This is an example of where the modern business of the sport and the money chase is screwing things up.

The MAC is the MAC: similar, midsized public universities in the Midwest. Having grown up in Ohio and being familiar with Ohio in Athens and Miami in Oxford, it’s my opinion that adding those schools doesn’t make sense, at least when it comes to tradition. It seems ironic anyway, as anything the MAC could do would not possibly have that much direct affect on its finances.

Middle Tennessee decided to stay in CUSA instead of joining the MAC.
ArmyVet

Postby bmorex » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:13 pm

Big realignment news out of nowhere:

Loyola Chicago is leaving Missouri Valley for the Atlantic 10.
bmorex

Postby Husky_U » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:33 pm

bmorex wrote:Big realignment news out of nowhere:

Super impressed by how quiet they kept it. I wonder if there is a #16 on the way too. Perhaps Temple or Wichita...??
Husky_U

Postby Jet915 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:34 pm

Husky_U wrote:
bmorex wrote:Big realignment news out of nowhere:

Super impressed by how quiet they kept it. I wonder if there is a #16 on the way too. Perhaps Temple or Wichita...??

Seems like a lateral move to me. A-10 is better league but travel is worse and pay isnt much more...
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board