2021-22 Big East Conference schedule discussion

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2021-22 Big East Conference schedule discussion

Postby butlerguy03 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:08 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Dear Butler Fans,

Been dying to get to Hinkle and see that this will be a Saturday game for Villanova. How hard is it to get tickets? How far in advance should I book St. Elmo's? What hotels should I look into? Not 100% that I am going just yet, but would like to get this done soon if I do go. Any other advice is appreciated. Thank you!

I'll sell you mine for 1k each. (Tickets should be relatively easy otherwise) St. Elmo's is overrated - Prime 47 is the best steak house in town. You can get St. Elmo's famous bourbon & coke (Elmo Cola) in cans in the grocery store locally, same with the wonderful cocktail sauce. Book a night and visit Bottleworks off of Mass Ave in the northeast quad of downtown.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ArmyVet » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:33 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:Heard our Johnnies are going to get a "big time" matchup to kick off conf schedule. Would assume that means Nova or UConn and probably MSG. On one hand, it's a great way to kick things off, but on the other hand we are a team with lots of new pieces and will need time to gel. So that makes me a bit nervous.

I guess not, eh? At Seton Hall followed by home games against Butler and Marquette.
ArmyVet

Postby sju88grad » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:06 pm

ArmyVet wrote:
MullinMayhem wrote:Heard our Johnnies are going to get a "big time" matchup to kick off conf schedule. Would assume that means Nova or UConn and probably MSG. On one hand, it's a great way to kick things off, but on the other hand we are a team with lots of new pieces and will need time to gel. So that makes me a bit nervous.

I guess not, eh? At Seton Hall followed by home games against Butler and Marquette.

This is the 3rd time in 4 years we’re kicking off the Big East season at Seton Hall…..we finally need to win one of those!!

SJU schedule from end of January to mid February is brutal….. @nova, pc, @butler, nova, uconn, @xavier…… yikes!!!!
sju88grad

Postby jfan » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:28 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:@ Creighton to kick things off...on a Friday night nonetheless. Are there going to be any sober Omahanians in the crowd by tip off?

Curious if everyone will be able to stay on the plantation that early in the season? :oops: Too soon? My bad... DOH! :twisted:

LET"S GO!!!
The real question is will there be any sober Nova fans after the game? And yes, too soon!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:16 pm

jfan wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:@ Creighton to kick things off...on a Friday night nonetheless. Are there going to be any sober Omahanians in the crowd by tip off?

Curious if everyone will be able to stay on the plantation that early in the season? :oops: Too soon? My bad... DOH! :twisted:

LET"S GO!!!
The real question is will there be any sober Nova fans after the game? And yes, too soon!

I can't guarantee you are wrong. Wragge doesn't have a little brother does he?

Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby jfan » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:35 pm

Actually they discovered Wragge has an extra year of eligibility, so he's coming back. If Colin Gillespie can get a 6th (or is it 7th) year of eligibility, why not Wragge! With such a young team I was hoping to see Nova later in the year. Not ideal to open with the favorite, even if it is at home.
CREIGHTON
jfan

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board