2022 Recruiting Class- EVEN BETTER THAN THE BESTEST!!!

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2022 Recruiting Class- EVEN BETTER THAN THE BESTEST!!!

Postby sju88grad » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:36 pm

SJU just landed their 3rd commit for 2022. Shooting guard Jaquan Sanders has committed to SJU. Ranked #142 on Rivals overall and #29 shooting guard.

I. Love. Mike. Anderson.
sju88grad

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MullinMayhem » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:00 am

I questioned Anderson's recruiting ability early on as he would only seemingly get marginal or unranked kids. Now he has finally proven he can get 4* and top 150 types. Awesome.
MullinMayhem

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:15 am

MullinMayhem wrote:I questioned Anderson's recruiting ability early on as he would only seemingly get marginal or unranked kids. Now he has finally proven he can get 4* and top 150 types. Awesome.

I know the knee jerk is to look at H.S. rankings and make judgements on recruiting ability. But we all really should look backwards instead of forwards in seeing if a coach is effective, outside of rankings. The two best players on SJU and two of the top 10 players in conference this year were ranked 250+. Colin Gillespie, Freemantle, Posh, Champaigne, Rhoden...none of them in the Top 100 recruits in their class but may possibly be your 1st Team All-BE this year.

Of all people, because of his unique style of play, Anderson just needs to get "his kind of guys." I wouldn't focus as much on the ranking ans the type of player he gets. If the description is: "high motor, good athleticism, versatile," then I think MA will be able to fit the player into the program nicely.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby adoraz » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:55 am

Johnnies now up to #23 on 247. Haven't been ranked that high since Mullin's first couple years (around #25).
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby redmen9194 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:44 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
MullinMayhem wrote:I questioned Anderson's recruiting ability early on as he would only seemingly get marginal or unranked kids. Now he has finally proven he can get 4* and top 150 types. Awesome.

I know the knee jerk is to look at H.S. rankings and make judgements on recruiting ability. But we all really should look backwards instead of forwards in seeing if a coach is effective, outside of rankings. The two best players on SJU and two of the top 10 players in conference this year were ranked 250+. Colin Gillespie, Freemantle, Posh, Champaigne, Rhoden...none of them in the Top 100 recruits in their class but may possibly be your 1st Team All-BE this year.

Of all people, because of his unique style of play, Anderson just needs to get "his kind of guys." I wouldn't focus as much on the ranking ans the type of player he gets. If the description is: "high motor, good athleticism, versatile," then I think MA will be able to fit the player into the program nicely.

Gumby is on the money. Jay Wright has made a career on drafting good players - not the top players in the country - who he has coached into winning teams. It's why he is probably the best coach in the country quite frankly. Anderson has a system that requires a certain type of player. It's more important that he land players that will fit the system regardless of where they may be ranked. If they happen to be ranked high, even better. But Posh and Champaigne are an example of getting the right fit and coaching them to success. Very happy with Anderson and his staff and how the program is progressing.
redmen9194

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:52 pm

Creighton gets a commit from Jasen Green, a local kid who ESPN has as a 4-star. Listed as power forward at 6-8, also have seen 6-7.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby adoraz » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:08 pm

#15 Xavier
#16 UConn
#23 St. John's
#32 Villanova
#38 Georgetown
#48 Creighton (doesn't include newest commit)
#56 Marquette
#63 Seton Hall
#66 DePaul
#68 Providence

NR Butler

Pretty solid with 10/11 teams within NCAA/NIT range. If for example these rankings correlated with NET, then we could expect 6 NCAA teams (Creighton will move up with their newest commit) and 4 NIT teams.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby jfan » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:08 pm

Creighton should move up to around 25 in the team rankings with the new commit
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby Novachap » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:36 am

Nova is hoping for some very positive news from 5* forward Cam Whitmore (composite ranking #24) by early October. Multiple crystal balls and he is on campus this weekend. Also going hard after Brendan Hausen 4*/ #106 shooting guard out of Texas. With PG Mark Armstrong already on board 4* / #46, you will probably see Nova jump pretty significantly in those rankings in the not too distant future (hopefully!)
Novachap

Postby Friarsfan94 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:57 pm

Looks like the Friars might have pulled off a little double action today. Rumblings that top 150 PG Jayden Pierre and top 150 C Christ Essandoko will both be Friars. Travis Branham put in a crystal ball for Pierre to PC, and he only puts in his crystal ball predictions once they’re done deals, and Jamie Shaw, who seemed pretty connected with Essandoko’s recruitment all along, put in a futurecast prediction for Christ to Providence today. Hopefully both come to fruition as those are the key positional needs for PC in this class, and both are pretty damn good players as well.
Friarsfan94

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board