Re: Let's review Xavier

Postby BEXU » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:45 am

BEXU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:16 pm

Hmmm, guess the Muskies have amnesia. How quickly they've forgotten 2019-20.
Loaded up with cupcakes again. Only good teams are TOSU and the pre-season NIT bracket.
The "other" OSU and Cincy are cupcake city this year. Oh well, let's see how it goes.
Hopefully, not like 2019-20 (Non-con 10-2, BE 8-10, AND lost to DePaul in the BET). Go Muskies!

:lol: ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby BEXU » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:40 pm

You're on parole for cheating. And then there's your coach who got suspended.. Who cares what you think?
BEXU

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:08 pm

BEXU wrote:You're on parole for cheating. And then there's your coach who got suspended.. Who cares what you think?

Tell him BEXU!!! Crazy Uncle Git just trying to stir the pot as always. Although to answer your question, if Git puts together that stellar college hoops panel again this year to preview the conference, I def want more of that. He needs to track down Stever and get him to be a panelist. That would put Ol’ Git in the HLOH Hall of Fame instantly.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:31 pm

That BEXU is a thin-skinned cumquat picker, ain't he. Settle down son, It was constructive criticism.

Whatttt?
You are kiddin', right? If you really want another preview, I'll have to check around.
Ryan James no-showed last year. I've got a replacement in mind.
Nyatawa and Fanta should be good to go. Novachap too.
Would need one or more volunteers from here for a quorum. Any takers? Where is Husky?

Steverrrrr? Surely you jest!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Novachap » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:23 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:That BEXU is a thin-skinned cumquat picker, ain't he. Settle down son, It was constructive criticism.

Whatttt?
You are kiddin', right? If you really want another preview, I'll have to check around.
Would need one or more volunteers from here for a quorum. Any takers? Where is Husky?

Git! How ya doing bud? Might want to lock down Fanta soon, kid is blowing up.

Happy to do it again BTW, but we need reps from AT LEAST huskies, seton hall and X in on the fun too!
Novachap

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:56 am

Novachap wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:That BEXU is a thin-skinned cumquat picker, ain't he. Settle down son, It was constructive criticism.

Whatttt?

Git! How ya doing bud? Might want to lock down Fanta soon, kid is blowing up.

Happy to do it again BTW, but we need reps from AT LEAST huskies, seton hall and X in on the fun too!

Get Demon22 on there. He's probably the only one who can provide the most unbiased opinion as anyone; very very little skin in the game unfortunately. And maybe he can be provided with a Lifetime Achievement for being a loyal fan for as long as he has under the circumstances that he has been subjected to for the last decade.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby BEXU » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:02 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Hmmm, guess the Muskies have amnesia. How quickly they've forgotten 2019-20.
Loaded up with cupcakes again. Only good teams are TOSU and the pre-season NIT bracket.
The "other" OSU and Cincy are cupcake city this year. Oh well, let's see how it goes.
Hopefully, not like 2019-20 (Non-con 10-2, BE 8-10, AND lost to DePaul in the BET). Go Muskies!

:lol: ;)

Seems you forgot to note your own non-conf pastry. We will probably play #7 Memphis and OSU in the top 20 or VA. Tech top 35. Is Upper Iowa actually in Iowa? :P :oops: :oops: :oops:
BEXU

Postby DudeAnon » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:21 am

Whatttt?

I understand you are probably still high from your first ever sweet 16, but you realize Xavier will likely be very good this year and Creighton very bad right?
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:17 am

Mornin' DudeAnon. How u doin'?

Yes, I acknowledged the depth, talent, and returnees the Muskies have...in my annual 2021-22 preview.
I did a reasonably accurate assessment also. The Muskies have the talent to win the BE, and they had it
last season. The team imploded last season - Why is that? I believe I have them in the top 5 and dancin'.

I also stated that if they get it together team-wise, they can win the BE.

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board