2021-22 Bluenotes Preview shows.

The home for Big East hoops

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:19 pm

Gumby was talking trash the other day...about new previews for the upcoming season. Last year we held it on October 7, 2020.
It was a combined preview (Nat'l & BE) and ran way long - nearly 2 hours. (Published on 13 October, 2020)

This season we will break the show into 2 shorter shows: provided we can get muzzles on Fanta and Novachap, :lol:
I've got a fishing line out for an additional national talking head. Some folks here showed interest in participating...(UConn folks and others)

One Nat'l Preview Show (30 mins maximum) Starts: 2:00 PM/CST (Central Time)

Participants: Jon Nyatawa/OWH Creighton beat, Ryan James/Gopher Illustrated, Prep Hoops, John Fanta, BE/Fox, Jack Daley, HLOH.
I'd like to get one other national guy and one other HLOH person. That way I can moderate, not talk.

One Big East Preview Show (30 mins maximum) Starts: 2:00 PM CST (Central time) (that's 3PM Eastern for youse NYCer's)

Participants: Jon Nyatawa/OWH Creighton beat, John Fanta, BE/Fox, Jack Daley, HLOH. + 2-3 others
I'd like to get one other national guy and 2 other HLOH persons. That way I can moderate, not talk.

If interested PM me here or @gtmoblue on Twitter.com. Email at indigdoc@gmail.com Jack (Novachap) + 2 additional HLOH folks would be great.

gtmoBlue
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2021-22 Bluenotes Preview shows - Participants wanted.

Postby TBC Alum » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:48 pm

You know GTMO, when you first threw this out last year I thought you had drank to much of the kool-aid and had no chance of pulling it off. But you took a big swing for the fences and connected (and have again.)

Good for you!
CU clap clap CU
TBC Alum

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:11 pm

UPDATE: 2021-22 Preview Shows:

Tentative Schedule - Sept 21st or 22nd, 2021; 2:00 PM Central Time (3:00 PM Eastern)
Two (2) 30 Min shows, back-to-back. Nat'l preview, then the Big East Preview.

Panel: Jon Nyatawa-Omaha World Herald, Ryan James-Prep Hoops/Gopher Illustrated,
John Fanta-Fox Sports/BE Shootaround, Jack Daley-Holyland of Hoops, Tristan Freeman-Busting Brackets.

Need 2 more HLOHers for panel participation. It's a painless process...and a lot of fun.
Just do what you normally do. With this larger panel, I can moderate and talk a lot less (yeah, right)!

Nat'l: Will review the aggregate Top 25-35 National Beauty Contest polls.
Agree or disagree. Which pundits are full of it, which are accurate? Who (teams) is Worthy, who is not. Who is overrated/underrated, etc.
Your Picks for the top of the Big 6 Conferences and conf. standings. Top conf Players/Newcomers/Frosh. Potential AA's?

Big East: Rinse and Repeat the above for the BE Specifically. + predict the BE Coaches Poll (lol).

If interested: PM me here or @gtmoBlue (twitter.com). Or email me at indigdoc@gmail.com . :lol: ;)

PS: Attempted to get Corey Evans again. He is now with the NBA, OKC Thunder and cannot participate. Oh well, gave it a shot.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby kayako » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:35 am

Watched it last year and look forward to it again this year :D

Is it youtube only? I'd rather just listen to it as a podcast, but I guess it's difficult to tell who is talking if you're involving a lot of people.
supernova
kayako

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:53 pm

This was fantastic last year; lots of top notch insight. Very much looking forward to it again this year. Tremendous job Git! Will have to go back and watch the predictions from last year. I recall Fanta was high on the Johnnies and guessing Git picked the Jays to win the NC. :lol:
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Novachap » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:20 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:This was fantastic last year; lots of top notch insight. Very much looking forward to it again this year. Tremendous job Git! Will have to go back and watch the predictions from last year. I recall Fanta was high on the Johnnies and guessing Git picked the Jays to win the NC. :lol:

Gumby, I just MIGHT remind him about how hot he was on Marquette!
Novachap

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:14 pm

heh, heh, heh...

Yeah who was that? Marcus... omyGod...¿howard? lol :lol: :lol:

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Re: 2021-22 Bluenotes Preview shows.

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:14 pm

It's September already. Still need a couple of HLOHers who want to participate in the 2021-22 Previews.

Previews will be zoom calls. PM me here on HLOH if interested and I will PM you the zoom (connect) info.

Sept 21st Tuesday afternoon - 2 PM Central/3 PM eastern.
2 - 30 min shows (Max). Nat'l Preview followed by the BEast Preview. Short n sweet.
Panel thus far: Nyatawa-OWH, Fanta-Fox Sports, Daley-HLOH, Freeman-Busting Brackets, James-Gopher Illustrated.

Attempted to get a WC guy, no luck. Corey Evans is with the NBA & not available.

C'mon down. Dash, Fenway, Fieldhouse? Other?

Nat'l: Will review the aggregate Top 25-35 National Beauty Contest polls. Probably CBS 25+1 and Busting Brackets as others are rare.
Agree or disagree. Which pundits are full of it, which are accurate? Who (teams) is Worthy, who is not. Who is overrated/underrated, etc.
Your Picks for the top of the Big 6 Conferences and conf. standings. Top conf Players/Newcomers/Frosh. Potential AA's? FF picks.

Big East: Rinse and Repeat the above for the BE Specifically. + predict the BE Coaches Poll (lol).
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:41 pm

Admin: You don't have a contact via email or PM.

Like last year, I'd like to have HLOH as a sponsor for the 2 Preview shows.
You will get credits on each show thumbnail, 2 slides during each show, and end Credits.
Plus verbal acknowledgments. What say you?

Credits will comprise a slide w your logo and a Sponsor statement. Will include a link to
thee Holyland as well. gtmo

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby admin » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:46 pm

Best way to contact us is through twitter. I don't check the email associated with this account very often.

You can use our logo and info if you'd like. Good luck.
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board