Let's review Creighton

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Let's review Creighton

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue May 04, 2021 1:29 pm

Hawkins is a great 1st p/u off the transfer portal. Couple more to go. Def need one 6-10/245,
Ctr/PF to back up/share time with Kalk in the post.

Going Back: Earlier in this thread...mention was made of No trophies/no banners this season.
I don't want a "participation banner" for being in a regional. Generally teams hang a NCAA banner
when they WIN the regional, make the Final Four. I haven't seen many SS or EE banners around.
There is a trophy for the Regional Winner...
Now watch as eighteen hundred folks bring out their photos... :lol: :lol:
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu May 06, 2021 3:10 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Hawkins is a great 1st p/u off the transfer portal. Couple more to go. Def need one 6-10/245,
Ctr/PF to back up/share time with Kalk in the post.

Going Back: Earlier in this thread...mention was made of No trophies/no banners this season.
I don't want a "participation banner" for being in a regional. Generally teams hang a NCAA banner
when they WIN the regional, make the Final Four. I haven't seen many SS or EE banners around.
There is a trophy for the Regional Winner...
Now watch as eighteen hundred folks bring out their photos... :lol: :lol:

TOO EASY...

Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat May 15, 2021 2:48 pm

Arrogant ass SOB's - the FF minions. They think they can just come in and do whatever the F they want, without repercussions.

Ha!

The damned "fartin' illini" thought they were dealing in with little creighton (of the MVC days). Not so Kemosabe, not so. It's
a NEW Day (BE Creighton) on our Hilltop and we ain't taking no shit from the football five.

Kentucky took Chin and Antigua from Illinois, so they thought they'd just swagger over and TAKE our top 10 recruiter...Not having it, bubba!
No one asked WHY Chin and Orlando left, even after massive counter offers by the Illini???

https://bluenotes2.com/2021/05/11/pound ... -the-best/

#RollDamnJays!!!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Wed May 26, 2021 10:50 pm

Creighton adds C Keyshawn Feazell from McNeese State. Averaged 13 and 10 last year. Should be a serviceable backup for Kalkbrenner.
Jet915

Postby sciencejay » Thu May 27, 2021 10:20 am

Jet915 wrote:Creighton adds C Keyshawn Feazell from McNeese State. Averaged 13 and 10 last year. Should be a serviceable backup for Kalkbrenner.

Love this pick up--13pts, 10rbds with 56% shooting from the floor and 76% from the line? If he can approximate those numbers in the BEast, he'll be a tremendous asset.

My guess is that Kalkbrenner will back up Feazell like he did Bishop. Kalkbrenner had issues guarding thick-bodied centers on other teams. I imagine he needs to continue to get stronger and get a little quicker footwork to be the starter. Don't get me wrong, I love the kid's current game and future potential--you can't coach his length, his ability to run the floor and his rim-protection capabilities. I'm just not sure he's the starter. Still, if Feazell is as good as advertised, that is a very good 1-2 punch in the middle for the Jays.

I would argue that the early results are in about lingering effects of McDermott's plantation comment: recruits (other than TyTy) and transfers recognize that those words do no reflect the man or the program. We have a terrific recruiting class coming in that includes our 2-3 highest rated commits as well as a couple of transfers who have been extremely productive at their previous stops. Not to sound too GTMO-ish, but the future is bright on the hilltop.
sciencejay

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu May 27, 2021 2:37 pm

sciencejay wrote:My guess is that Kalkbrenner will back up Feazell like he did Bishop.

I seriously doubt that.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu May 27, 2021 3:50 pm

sciencejay said: I would argue that the early results are in about lingering effects of McDermott's plantation comment: recruits (other than TyTy) and transfers recognize that those words do no reflect the man or the program.

We have a terrific recruiting class coming in that includes our 2-3 highest rated commits as well as a couple of transfers who have been extremely productive at their previous stops.

Not to sound too GTMO-ish, but the future is bright on the hilltop.

Hmmm... umbrage I take to thy putdown. “The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the light, the future is.” – Yoda

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Omaha1 » Thu May 27, 2021 6:21 pm

I don’t think Creighton is done yet. Keep watching
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Jet915 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:39 pm

Antwann Jones is transferring rumor has it Top 100 G Trey Alexander will be committing this week.
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Jet915 wrote:Antwann Jones is transferring rumor has it Top 100 G Trey Alexander will be committing this week.

This was sort of weird. 4* star. Had offers from Milwaukee and Creighton. Was hoping to land in. Congrats to Creighton

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrickyTrey23 ... 7433164805
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board