2021 Recruiting Class- EVEN BETTER THAN THE BEST!!!

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2021 Recruiting Class- EVEN BETTER THAN THE BEST!!!

Postby ArmyVet » Wed May 12, 2021 12:09 pm

I didn't want to add a new thread so adding this here. Pretty cool:

Five-star college basketball recruit Patrick Baldwin to play for father at Milwaukee

Five-star basketball recruit Patrick Baldwin Jr. has committed to Milwaukee of the Horizon League, he told ESPN on Wednesday, spurning offers from the likes of Duke, Georgetown and Virginia to join his father Patrick Baldwin Sr., the Panthers' head coach since 2017.

"I will be playing for my dad at Milwaukee," the younger Baldwin told ESPN. "I had some great options, which made me not rush through the process. The thought of playing for my dad was too good to pass up. In today's day and age, you see mid-majors having great success, most recently Loyola and Oral Roberts."

Baldwin is the No. 4-rated recruit in the Class of 2021 and the No. 8-ranked player in ESPN's 2022 NBA mock draft, making him the most highly touted prospect to commit to a Horizon League team in conference history. He will attempt to become the Horizon's first lottery pick since Butler's Gordon Hayward in 2010.
ArmyVet

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Novachap » Wed May 12, 2021 7:02 pm

Behind the paywall of espn+, but Borzello ranks by recruiting:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ting-trail
Novachap

Postby MUPanther » Wed May 12, 2021 8:06 pm

ArmyVet wrote:I didn't want to add a new thread so adding this here. Pretty cool:

Five-star college basketball recruit Patrick Baldwin to play for father at Milwaukee

Five-star basketball recruit Patrick Baldwin Jr. has committed to Milwaukee of the Horizon League, he told ESPN on Wednesday, spurning offers from the likes of Duke, Georgetown and Virginia to join his father Patrick Baldwin Sr., the Panthers' head coach since 2017.

"I will be playing for my dad at Milwaukee," the younger Baldwin told ESPN. "I had some great options, which made me not rush through the process. The thought of playing for my dad was too good to pass up. In today's day and age, you see mid-majors having great success, most recently Loyola and Oral Roberts."

Baldwin is the No. 4-rated recruit in the Class of 2021 and the No. 8-ranked player in ESPN's 2022 NBA mock draft, making him the most highly touted prospect to commit to a Horizon League team in conference history. He will attempt to become the Horizon's first lottery pick since Butler's Gordon Hayward in 2010.

I'm super excited!!!
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Xuperman » Fri May 14, 2021 3:30 am

Here's the final Rivals top 150. Looks like UConn and Gtown want to return to their glory days. Xavier recruit Tucker makes a big jump although I predict Edwards will make an immediate impact for X. Mason Miller is going to fit nicely in Omaha. I am thinking that Villanova's stranglehold on this conference might be loosening a bit. Can DePaul hold on to their guy?

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2021
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby Novachap » Fri May 14, 2021 7:51 am

Xuperman wrote:Here's the final Rivals top 150. Looks like UConn and Gtown want to return to their glory days. Xavier recruit Tucker makes a big jump although I predict Edwards will make an immediate impact for X. Mason Miller is going to fit nicely in Omaha. I am thinking that Villanova's stranglehold on this conference might be loosening a bit. Can DePaul hold on to their guy?

Could be Xup, but an important distinction, Trey Patterson, nova's. #1 recruit is not listed. Still part of the class but got to campus a semester early. I believe he was ranked high 20's low 30's prior to getting to campus. It actually is a very nice class for the Cats.
https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2021
Novachap

Postby jfan » Fri May 14, 2021 9:17 am

The current 24/7 national composite rankings for the league are:
13- UCONN
15- Georgetown
17- Marquette
19- Creighton
20-Nova
29- SH
52- X
53- DePaul
59- Butler
61- SJ
64- Providence

Very impressive! 5 teams in the top 20 and as Novachap pointed out, Nova would have been a top 10 team except for the early enrollment. All teams in the Top 64. Even though PC is last right now, Ed gets a lot out of his players. This bodes very well for the future of the league!! This may be our best year, I just don't remember all the past history of recruiting since the league reformed.
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby Friarsfan94 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:00 pm

Pretty sure the class is ranked 64th as it doesn’t include Jayden Epps, who is technically a 2022, but from all reports appears to be reclassifying to 2021. Slide Epps in and the incoming class of Geeter, Castro, Epps is definitely better than 64.
Friarsfan94

Postby CPJays » Sun May 16, 2021 3:52 pm

:D
CPJays

Postby Omaha1 » Sun May 16, 2021 4:03 pm

Four-star basketball recruit Arthur Kaluma of Dream City Christian high school in Arizona has committed to Creighton, he told ESPN on Sunday.

"I like the pieces they have and think I can come in and help them win games, achieve what we need to achieve and make a name for myself at Creighton," Kaluma said. "They play an NBA style, which will help further prepare myself for the next level I want to reach."

Kaluma is the No. 46-ranked player in the 2021 high school class, making him the highest-ranked Creighton recruit since at least 2007, the first year of the ESPN recruiting database.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sun May 16, 2021 4:10 pm

Gtmo soaking in blue Kool-Aid!

Wizard of Westroads

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board