2016 Throwback Thread ---> Big East in the Movies

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East in the Movies

Postby whiteandblue77 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Gotta go back to Creighton Prep to dig up some gems, Connnor Oberst and Alex Payne:
Saw this dude when he was wreaking havoc on an acoustic guitar in 1991, when I was an undergrad at CU, and he was 11 at Kilgores, famous Creighton bar:
and in H.S. lived 4 houses from this Greek-American wiseguy, one of the best filmakers of the post-millenium age (previously mentioned ELECTION scene at Georgetown):
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Nildogg » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:37 pm

image.jpeg

A Butler Basketball T was a very visible part of The Fault in Our Stars.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nildogg

Postby Nildogg » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:39 pm

I see these pics of Xavier hats on Clooney, Dicaprio and Murray, but was X actually a part of any of their movies? Sounds like Clooney may have filmed something on campus?
Nildogg

Postby JayPak » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:51 am

Kenny Chesney
"When you lose a program like Creighton, there's no sugarcoating it," Valley Commissioner Doug Elgin said. "It's a devastating loss. They're going to go on and have success in the league they've joined." Yahoo Sports, October 10, 2013.
JayPak

Postby billyjack » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:28 am

Saw "Good Will Hunting" tonight. Still a great movie. My younger son saw it for the first time and loved it too.

Not quite current Big East, but:

In the key scene at the end where Robin Williams tells Matt Damon that "it's not your fault" repeatedly... just behind Matt Damon's head is a bulletin board with a random Boston Globe sportspage taped up, and the headline reads:

"BC Closing In On URI's Skinner"

Kinda funny, and BC was in the Big East at the time, and Ed Cooley followed along with Al Skinner on his move from URI to BC.
Providence
billyjack

Re: 2016 Throwback Thread ---> Big East in the Movies

Postby sju88grad » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:31 am

Great to see this thread again! I thought of one more but couldn’t find a link to a video or image.....there’s a scene in “White Men Can’t Jump” when Woody Harrelson and Rosie Perez have to escape their motel room and Rosie throws on a St. John’s sweatshirt....
sju88grad

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board