Let's review Creighton

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Let's review Creighton

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:32 pm

Ballock reportedly signed with an agent. No surprise as I don’t think anyone expected him back, but that means CU will lose all 5 starters.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:46 pm

They Jays will likely take a step back (not many programs can lose all 5 starters without taking a step back), but it doesn't have to be a big deal. One down/rebuilding year every few seasons doesn't kill a program. They just need to focus on getting guys experience and putting the right pieces together to hopefully make another run at the tournament in 22-23. That is of course, unless they several splashes in the transfer portal that get them immediately back into contention - I don't think that's a must though. Fans don't like rebuilding years, but the occasional one isn't an awful thing for a program.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby OmahaGuy » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:43 am

Hall2012 wrote:They Jays will likely take a step back (not many programs can lose all 5 starters without taking a step back), but it doesn't have to be a big deal. One down/rebuilding year every few seasons doesn't kill a program. They just need to focus on getting guys experience and putting the right pieces together to hopefully make another run at the tournament in 22-23. That is of course, unless they several splashes in the transfer portal that get them immediately back into contention - I don't think that's a must though. Fans don't like rebuilding years, but the occasional one isn't an awful thing for a program.

Well said
OmahaGuy

Postby MUPanther » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:43 pm

Christian Bishop to Texas.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:48 pm

With all due respect to 2012, O'guy, and O1...no can do.
Your logic is sound, your argument is reasoned, and your helpful, kind, and measured sentiment is appreciated.

However, I am NOT having it. Jays will reload and carry on. Rebuild...Hah! Nope, not having it. Besides ol Mac
has had 2-3 rebuild years already during his 11-year tenure. Nope. He's already used up his quota of "rebuild".

Jays staff are still workin' hard, the 1-2 staff still onboard. I've got miles of faith in my guy Coach Alan Huss...the guy never sleeps.
Mac & Co are "beating the bushes" to see what scurries out - maybe a diamond-in-the-rough? Maybe a severely underappreciated,
undervalued "Late Bloomer"? Maybe a newbie, previously undiscovered? Maybe just 2-3 transfers? Doesn't really matter at this
juncture, but they'll giter done.

Jays have a good core returning and they now KNOW they'll be starting &/or getting mucho Playing Time. My guys will step up and
meet/exceed the opportunity. New class of 2021 guys should expect to contribute from day 1 and I personally expect PG Nembhard
to start from Day 1. Plenty of talent in the Trans Portal...we'll get ours.

Jays will contend and continue to be in the BE Championship hunt in 2021-22. Business as Usual. - gtmo
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby mel ott » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:40 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:With all due respect to 2012, O'guy, and O1...no can do.
Your logic is sound, your argument is reasoned, and your helpful, kind, and measured sentiment is appreciated.

However, I am NOT having it. Jays will reload and carry on. Rebuild...Hah! Nope, not having it. Besides ol Mac
has had 2-3 rebuild years already during his 11-year tenure. Nope. He's already used up his quota of "rebuild".

Jays staff are still workin' hard, the 1-2 staff still onboard. I've got miles of faith in my guy Coach Alan Huss...the guy never sleeps.
Mac & Co are "beating the bushes" to see what scurries out - maybe a diamond-in-the-rough? Maybe a severely underappreciated,
undervalued "Late Bloomer"? Maybe a newbie, previously undiscovered? Maybe just 2-3 transfers? Doesn't really matter at this
juncture, but they'll giter done.

Jays have a good core returning and they now KNOW they'll be starting &/or getting mucho Playing Time. My guys will step up and
meet/exceed the opportunity. New class of 2021 guys should expect to contribute from day 1 and I personally expect PG Nembhard
to start from Day 1. Plenty of talent in the Trans Portal...we'll get ours. gtmo

I can't say with the same confidence that GTMO says ( who could?) but I agree with his assessment. We have great young talent, and I believe we will bring in a couple of top level players from the portal to add to this team. Our recruiting class is very special and adds quality at pt guard, shooting wing, and #4 . They are all talented and a little undervalued -even at 4 star level .
mel ott

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:46 am

Okay then...alrighty then... youse got your seatbelts on?

Brace yourselves folks as my Jays get on a roll here... a 1, a 2, a 3, and a... ;)

...from 1 old geezer to the rest o ya... :lol:
Luv,
gtmo
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Xudash » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:13 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Okay then...alrighty then... youse got your seatbelts on?

Brace yourselves folks as my Jays get on a roll here... a 1, a 2, a 3, and a... ;)

...from 1 old geezer to the rest o ya... :lol:
Luv,
gtmo

gtmo, I hail to your web greatness. Whipping out a Lawrence Welk pic. Just priceless. Imagine making the champagne bubbles bubble out of the computer screen along with it.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Omaha1 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:12 am

Mason Miller, son of NBA Mike Miller, signed his LOI today and is officially a Bluejay. That’s good news.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby MUPanther » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:57 pm

Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board