Let's review Villanova

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Let's review Villanova

Postby Xuperman » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:32 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
Novachap wrote:Gillespie and Samuels returning! That changes things.
The Swider departure and not taking in any transfers makes a lot more sense now. CG, Moore, Daniels, BA and Jermaine...let's return to the small ball lineup and run up and down the court. You don't need a big in college BB anymore, do you?

Well X certainly needed one!

I like the ability to go either way and Nova looks to have the pieces to do just that.....Dixon and your Freshman Big will put up some serious numbers when match ups dictate. Your suggested "small ball 5" would be effective but Samuels would really struggle playing JRE's role IMO.

The overwhelming advantage that you guys always have is the guy in the really expensive suit.
:mrgreen:
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:30 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
Novachap wrote:Gillespie and Samuels returning! That changes things.

#Bang. I kind of feel like we're breaking some rules but I have to keep reminding myself that we're not. We'll take it. As CG just said: "Run it back" boys!

The Swider departure and not taking in any transfers makes a lot more sense now. CG, Moore, Daniels, BA and Jermaine...let's return to the small ball lineup and run up and down the court. You don't need a big in college BB anymore, do you?

This is great new for Villanova and our league.

It does kind of have an "unfair" feel to it... like the NCAA is going to let Lebron play the one year of college ball that he didn't get and he decides to play at Villanova because, why not???

I'd love to hear any good news out of Omaha. Haven't had a bunch of that the last couple months...
Savannah Jay

Postby kayako » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:41 am

Someone's going to transfer.
supernova
kayako

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:57 pm

This is huge news for Nova and the Big East. Wildcats will surely be a Top 5 team.
ArmyVet

Postby Xuperman » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:07 am

ArmyVet wrote:This is huge news for Nova and the Big East. Wildcats will surely be a Top 5 team.

IDK, I'm thinking that VU will not be top 10 preseason... that's assuming JRE is gone. I am sure they will get there sooner rather than later because they have TOO MANY guys ready to become stars in this league. The group of Antoine, Patterson, Dixon along with the 4 studly recruits will certainly provide couple of breakout guys.....I'm thinking Njoku will start kicking ass and taking names early and often!
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby Letsgonova » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:45 pm

Xuperman wrote:
ArmyVet wrote:This is huge news for Nova and the Big East. Wildcats will surely be a Top 5 team.

IDK, I'm thinking that VU will not be top 10 preseason... that's assuming JRE is gone. I am sure they will get there sooner rather than later because they have TOO MANY guys ready to become stars in this league. The group of Antoine, Patterson, Dixon along with the 4 studly recruits will certainly provide couple of breakout guys.....I'm thinking Njoku will start kicking ass and taking names early and often!

The transfer carousel certainly matters, but I think VU's roster is pretty set. UCLA can still lose Juzang, but add a couple stud recruits. Gonzaga is stacked again, but after that, Nova stacks up against anybody. No way they aren't top 10 pre-season. Likely top 3. Jay gets a ton of respect from the media and coaches these days.
Letsgonova

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue May 25, 2021 11:16 am

Thinkin' of You... Image

Eh? Wha...

What's that smell?

Jay fiddlin' whilst Radnor burns....
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Novachap » Tue May 25, 2021 11:28 am

good to be the king image.jpg

Thanks for your concern GIT, we will persevere and muddle through!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Novachap

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed May 26, 2021 1:37 pm

just checking...looked as though everyone was taking a nap. :lol:
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed May 26, 2021 1:53 pm

Calm down Val. Relax Stu. Get a grip Fanta.

Keep broadcasting Gus n Raf...

As you were Big East schools... Carry on!

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board