Let's review Creighton

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Let's review Creighton

Postby OmahaGuy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:30 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:I acknowledged the Jays having had a great year. Yes the SS is a big deal for us, as we haven't made the 2nd weekend since Eddie Sutton's era on the Hilltop. Making the SS is a big deal, yes.

However, in spite of the fact that someone has to lose in conference championship games, I ALWAYS prefer it be the opposing teams. :lol: We played in 3 RS championships in 8 years.
1st season, 7th season, and 8th season. It took 6 years to return to the championship, then back-to-back years. Go figure. The point being it is not a given to return to/get to any championship
game and you must take advantage of the opportunity when presented. It may be another 6 years before we see another one? 3 RS championship games - 1 win. 3 BET championship games - ZERO wins.
NOBODY remembers who was 2nd...

Made the SS but we got 0 trophies for the case? Zero banners to hang, Championships Matter...a whole lot! gtmo

PS: I haven't lost my positivity and optimism...they are merely a bit more grounded in current realities.

Fair analysis but I'm pretty sure there will be a banner hung from the rafters in November
OmahaGuy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby OmahaGuy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:25 pm

BREAKING: Uh oh.....Christian Bishop has entered the portal
OmahaGuy

Postby Omaha1 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:34 pm

OmahaGuy wrote:BREAKING: Uh oh.....Christian Bishop has entered the portal

He wants to play at the next level but not as a 6-7 center. Too bad because he would’ve been our go to guy next year.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby OmahaGuy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:51 am

Omaha1 wrote:
OmahaGuy wrote:BREAKING: Uh oh.....Christian Bishop has entered the portal

He wants to play at the next level but not as a 6-7 center. Too bad because he would’ve been our go to guy next year.

Hopefully the coaching staff can snag a guy or 2 from the portal
OmahaGuy

Postby ArmyVet » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:39 am

That's a big loss, but it was probably going to be a rebuilding year anyway if Zegarowski declared too.
ArmyVet

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:45 pm

Not surprising but Mahoney opts out of extra year and will declare for NBA draft.
Jet915

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:56 pm

Zegarowski opts for the NBA draft.
ArmyVet

Postby Jet915 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:09 pm

ArmyVet wrote:Zegarowski opts for the NBA draft.

Not really surprising imo, not sure he can improve his stock much more hopefully he can get into the league. We will be really young next year.....
Jet915

Postby Xuperman » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:47 am

Jet915 wrote:
ArmyVet wrote:Zegarowski opts for the NBA draft.

Not really surprising imo, not sure he can improve his stock much more hopefully he can get into the league. We will be really young next year.....

Man, good news has been basically non existent for you guys. Based on the current situation, It's hard to come up with a solid starting 5. Maybe pencil in Kalk and Mitchell, but after that all question marks. I guess you gotta hope Nembhard can get some serious traction from the jump or can Rati Andro can be effective at point? I think you will like Mason Miller as a traditional "let it fly" guy and chances are your other Euro guy will produce some good numbers.

IMO Coach Mac will have to hit a homerun in the Transfer Portal to build off of last years success.
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:28 pm

Yes, Jays will be young, but talented. I'm not overly concerned until we miss in the Trans Portal.

Need to p/u a couple of bigs: C/PF, other combo forward. I'd like another SG, with some experience, just in case.

I like Ctrs Igiehon from L'ville, Hedstrom from W, and Luster from ECU
PF/SF Mitchell from UMass, Fox D2, Ntambwe from TT
SG Tyson Jolly from SMU, Kopp from NW, Nickleberry from L'ville
Early pencil in Lineup for 21-22

Ctr - Kalk
PF - Miller
SF - O'Connell
SG - Osmani/Christofilis
PG - Nembhard

Subs: PF Kancleris, SF Antwaan Jones,
SGs Osmani, Christofilis
PGs Rati, Mitchell, Davis
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board