2021 Transfers

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2021 Transfers

Postby Friarsfan94 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:08 pm

Well, so far 3 things have happened from my original post as now Horchler officially announced he’s returning. Also some rumblings that Jayden Epps will be choosing PC in his commitment tomorrow and possibly reclassifying to come next year. Fingers crossed.
Friarsfan94

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby XUFan09 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:19 am

Friarsfan94 wrote:Well, so far 3 things have happened from my original post as now Horchler officially announced he’s returning. Also some rumblings that Jayden Epps will be choosing PC in his commitment tomorrow and possibly reclassifying to come next year. Fingers crossed.

Maybe Cooley will finally put together a good shooting team.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby Friarsfan94 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:31 pm

XUFan09 wrote:
Friarsfan94 wrote:Well, so far 3 things have happened from my original post as now Horchler officially announced he’s returning. Also some rumblings that Jayden Epps will be choosing PC in his commitment tomorrow and possibly reclassifying to come next year. Fingers crossed.

Lol, we can dream. Jayden Epps did in fact choose PC today over NC State, Florida, Va Tech, & Texas A&M. He should certainly help with the shooting (we hope).
Friarsfan94

Postby sju88grad » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:26 pm

Friarsfan94 wrote:
XUFan09 wrote:

Lol, we can dream. Jayden Epps did in fact choose PC today over NC State, Florida, Va Tech, & Texas A&M. He should certainly help with the shooting (we hope).

Congrats PC!
sju88grad

Postby Friarsfan94 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:07 pm

sju88grad wrote:
Congrats PC!

We are definitely excited for this one! It seems the overwhelming consensus from all recruiting analysts and coaches is this: Jayden Epps is a bucket. Apparently more good news coming this week in the form of a transfer. I have a feeling Al Durham will be a Friar! ;)
Friarsfan94

Postby Friarsfan94 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:34 pm

Friarsfan94 wrote:
sju88grad wrote:
Congrats PC!

We are definitely excited for this one! It seems the overwhelming consensus from all recruiting analysts and coaches is this: Jayden Epps is a bucket. Apparently more good news coming this week in the form of a transfer. I have a feeling Al Durham will be a Friar! ;)

Al Durham is officially a Friar lol. Big news for PC.
Friarsfan94

Postby Novachap » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:53 pm

Cole Swider into the Transfer Portal.... Not surprised, but surprised. Worked hard, just didn't have the speed and quickness to cover 1-5 as expected in the Nova system. Have to believe with the new guys coming in, he saw his playing time diminishing further.

This portal stuff is going to be incredibly volatile...
Novachap

Postby Savannah Jay » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:15 pm

Novachap wrote:Cole Swider into the Transfer Portal.... Not surprised, but surprised. Worked hard, just didn't have the speed and quickness to cover 1-5 as expected in the Nova system. Have to believe with the new guys coming in, he saw his playing time diminishing further.

This portal stuff is going to be incredibly volatile...

I think it will be volatile until everyone figures out how to best work within it. I saw someone on social media worried about ruining mid majors. I don't agree...high majors aren't getting any more scholies so for every player that goes from mid major to high major, there's some kid languishing on a high major bench that will do the reverse. I saw the Adams kid that actually got decent minutes at UCONN is transferring to GWU. Maybe he'll get 35 minutes a game and be their best player instead of getting pushed farther down UCONNs bench.

I totally endorse a kid's option to transfer once without sitting out. Obviously, the fact that coaches "transfer" without repercussion is a big part of it. I also believe that coaches blow so much sunshine up these kids' arses that they really don't know what they are getting into until they are there for a year or more so i think they should be able to reassess that decision once they have the "real deal" info.

Coaches and kids will figure this out over time, even if "figuring it out" means that this free agency (about 1,000 in portal so far this year) is the new normal and everyone has to find a productive way to deal with it. If coaches can handle one and dones, two and dones, etc., they can figure this out.

I think figuring out how to pay the kids will be a bigger issue and, based on the questions i've seen from the justices, sure sounds like that is coming.
Savannah Jay

Postby Xudash » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:35 pm

Can well oiled machines with thick, rich cultures - like Villanova and Gonzaga - "plug and play" effectively in this transfer environment?

Few seems to be able to bring pieces to the Gonzaga program, and he appears to mesh them both rather quickly and effectively.

13 kids on a team. One to a few of them walk-ons. The rest are on scholarship. Do you build a core group from recruiting and augment that group from a now new constantly revolving manpower door?

This will get interesting. Having a strong, likeable, effective coach is now more important than ever. And that brings me back to Nova and the Zags. They would appear to be well positioned with Jay and Few at their respective helms for a while.

Beyond all this, it's all about to become more of a crapshoot.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:56 pm

Transfer madness. They really should restrict this in the next CBA.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board