Let's review Georgetown

The home for Big East hoops

Let's review Georgetown

Postby OmahaGuy » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:41 am

What an interesting season for the Hoyas. An 8th place finish in the regular season only to somehow discover the "secret stuff" from Space Jam and win the conference tourney. But then they went back to their regular season habits when they got boat raced by Colorado. Anyway, let's review. Again! For now, until they confirm it, I'm assuming anyone with a "Sr" next to their name is on their way out. I know players have been granted another year of eligibility due to Covid but that's just the norm and I'll assume their out unless they confirm they're returning.

OUT
*Jahvon Blair (going pro)
*Jamorko Pickett
*Jalen Harris
*Chudier Bile
*Donald Carey
*Qudus Wahab (transferring to Maryland)
*TJ Berger (transferring to San Diego)

RETURN
*Timothy Igohefe
*Dante Harris

IN
*Jalin Billingsley
*Jordan Riley
*Tyler Beard
*Ryan Mutombo
*Aminu Mohammed
*Kaiden Rice (grad transfer from The Citadel)

My 0.02:
Patrick Ewing's seat was getting pretty warm but he poured some ice on that seat with the Big East tourney title. He's also got an excellent recruiting class coming in that is headlined by McDonalds All-American, Aminu Mohammed. If even just a few of those players currently on the "out" list end up returning, the Hoyas can be a very dangerous team next season!
Last edited by OmahaGuy on Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
OmahaGuy

Let's review Georgetown

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Let's review Georgetown

Postby DeadHeadHoya » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:01 am

One of the best recruiting classes in the country coming in. Defending BET champs ... this could be a really fun year . Can’t believe we’ve been down so long the years have started to melt into one . This has to be THE year . NCAA tourney or bust. Hopefully we can go to games again because I really missed going to games this year snd I would have loved to have been at MSG for that magical run

Go Hoyas!
DeadHeadHoya

Postby FDS » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:14 am

I know GTown has some big guys coming next year, but Wahab transferring hurts.
Last edited by FDS on Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
FDS

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:17 am

FDS wrote:I know GTown has some big guys coming next year, but Wuhab transferring hurts.

Wahab WTF?
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:28 am

Let’s see...developed by one of the greatest big men of all time to a point where he is unquestionably one of the biggest talents returning in conference on a team trending up.

My fear is this is the start of pure chaos. Unfettered free agency. You think HS recruiting is an ugly business, just wait to see what happens when studs like Wahab are identified and convinced to come to greener pastures. Someone is undoubtedly in his ear. What a shame for G’town and Wahab’s own development.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Jet915 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:43 am

Ewing can't even keep Wahab? I'm starting to question his ability to retain players this is becoming a trend now....
Jet915

Postby ArmyVet » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:55 am

Seems like this is completely out of the blue. Was there any indication that he was unhappy at Georgetown or what is the rumor as to why he is moving on?
ArmyVet

Postby Jet915 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:00 am

ArmyVet wrote:Seems like this is completely out of the blue. Was there any indication that he was unhappy at Georgetown or what is the rumor as to why he is moving on?

Ewing was caught off guard about McClung as well something is going on there and this new transfer rule isnt helping. There is gonna be pure chaos and corruption with this new rule and handlers are gonna love it.
Jet915

Postby OmahaGuy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:02 am

I'm honestly stunned. He was doing so well and his team was (still is though) on the rise. Why leave?
OmahaGuy

Postby MUPanther » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:51 am

Omaha1 wrote:
FDS wrote:I know GTown has some big guys coming next year, but Wuhab transferring hurts.

Wahab WTF?

Guys leaving is the norm. Yet, this one blew me away.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board