Coaching changes 2021

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Coaching changes 2021

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:44 pm

MUPanther wrote:
MUBoxer wrote:
MUPanther wrote:That is interesting choice of words of "insane" and me on scoop, since most if not all my post on Scoop are schedule related.

Covid board, please correct me if I'm wrong but you have posted a study used by anti maskers to show that we shouldn't have to wear them despite those in the study already engaging in particularly risky behavior.

Also have advocated for not shutting down at all on the protect our "mental health" grounds. Ignoring the deadly contagious disease that was steam rolling us.

You're not exactly some of the other posters but you've had some takes on a pandemic that's killed more than any war that I wouldn't call sane.

Nope. That is not me. You have the wrong poster!! I don't even read the COVID board on Scoop since last Spring. I stay away from the cancer.

Thank you both for bringing the political garbage that gets injected into every MUBB thread on Scoop here too. I'm sure HLOH appreciates it.

There are self-identified political and religious forums all over the internet. They do not need to be dressed up and masqueraded into college basketball forums like Scoop and HLOH.
GoldenWarrior11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ArmyVet » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:51 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:There are self-identified political and religious forums all over the internet. They do not need to be dressed up and masqueraded into college basketball forums like Scoop and HLOH.

+1 You said what I was thinking.

Back to the topic at hand, I do not think what McDermott said demands his removal but I am an old white guy so I don't claim to have true perspective on how it impacts the team.
ArmyVet

Postby MUPanther » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:20 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:
There are self-identified political and religious forums all over the internet. They do not need to be dressed up and masqueraded into college basketball forums like Scoop and HLOH.

What did I say that is political on here on this thread?
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby ArmyVet » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:42 pm

MUPanther wrote:GoldenWarrior11 wrote:

Seriously? Please have this conversation elsewhere.
ArmyVet

Postby MUPanther » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:51 pm

ArmyVet wrote:
MUPanther wrote:GoldenWarrior11 wrote:

Seriously? Please have this conversation elsewhere.

My only response was for MullinMayhem for something he didn't really say. So, yes I'm serious! I can't take the conversation anywhere, when I never one way or another gave my thought on this topic. One poster has myself confused with someone else from another board. I can't answer his question. Please!
MUPanther

Postby Omaha1 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:34 pm

ArmyVet wrote:
GoldenWarrior11 wrote:There are self-identified political and religious forums all over the internet. They do not need to be dressed up and masqueraded into college basketball forums like Scoop and HLOH.

+1 You said what I was thinking.

Back to the topic at hand, I do not think what McDermott said demands his removal but I am an old white guy so I don't claim to have true perspective on how it impacts the team.

Creighton play by play guy just aired his pregame interview with Mac. He sounded very contrite. Said that he told the team that he would step away if they wanted him to, but that they decided to proceed with Mac as coach and they got back on the practice floor.

Mac said that he offered to make a public apology sooner but the team initially wanted to handle it internally. After discussions with the team and feeling it was a distraction to them, he asked them
If he could make a public statement and they acquiesced.

It sounds like Mac handled things with the players in mind after his horrible misstep.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:15 pm

The current environment (being nice) is a slippery slope. Anything a person in the public eye says is apparently "fair game" "chum" for the media sharks to attack. It is a shame that folks have to think twice, maybe three times before opening their mouths to speak. But that's the world we have made today.

I think us old geezers have the benefit of having seen/lived thru a lot of changes - both good and bad. Therefore our hides are a bit thicker/tougher than todays' minions. With experience we can grow some tolerance of others and know that we all have faults.

Plus folks now are just out to beg-borrow-steal a buck wherever they are. Everything is about a buck.

Good luck to Mac...ride out the storm.

Jays rollin' into Raaaadnor Township today. Passed by my fav Dunkin' Donuts store in all the land. HEY RADNORITES! It's us, lil' Creighton.
We heard there is a champeenship game in town tonite and erobody knows we LUV champeenship games. Roll Damn Jays!

Hey fellas...Gumby, Chap, Adoraz, Chesty, and the rest. Here's to a high scoring, electric, and exciting championship tilt @Finneran! Go Big East!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby MUPanther » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:47 pm

List so far....

Albany Will Brown
Binghamton Tommy Dempsey
Boston College Jim Christian
Denver Rodney Billups
Fordham Jeff Neubauer
Indiana State Greg Lansing
IUPUI Byron Rimm II (interim)
New Mexico Paul Weir
Northern ILL Mark Montgomery
Penn State Pat Chambers
Portland Terry Porter
Texas State Danny Kaspar
UC Riverside David Patrick
UT Martin Anthony Stewart
UTRGV Lew Hill
MUPanther

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:10 pm

You know, a big(ger) name I could see jumping this cycle is Frank Martin. He is a well-known respected coach that has definitely peaked at South Carolina. I could see him taking a new job this off-season.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby MUPanther » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:32 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:You know, a big(ger) name I could see jumping this cycle is Frank Martin. He is a well-known respected coach that has definitely peaked at South Carolina. I could see him taking a new job this off-season.

I saw his name pop up with New Mexico.
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board