Coaching changes 2021

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Coaching changes 2021

Postby MullinMayhem » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:09 am

Really poor choices of words obviously. Unfortunately for him, that means there is a huge mob that wants his head on a pike. Such is life in 2021. Not allowed to make mistakes. Unreal world out there. This really is an awful time to be born into...95% of this is fake outrage so as to virtue-signal so don't fall for it. That's the "cool" thing now. If you just survive the week or two of bad press, you will be ok. He did the right thing in apologizing and owned up to it. Enough with this cancel culture madness. So sick of it. It's literally nauseating. So many fragile people out there.
MullinMayhem

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUBoxer » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:25 am

MullinMayhem wrote:Really poor choices of words obviously. Unfortunately for him, that means there is a huge mob that wants his head on a pike. Such is life in 2021. Not allowed to make mistakes. Unreal world out there. This really is an awful time to be born into...95% of this is fake outrage so as to virtue-signal so don't fall for it. That's the "cool" thing now. If you just survive the week or two of bad press, you will be ok. He did the right thing in apologizing and owned up to it. Enough with this cancel culture madness. So sick of it. It's literally nauseating. So many fragile people out there.

Keep ranting I've almost got right wing talking points bingo from your post!
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:34 am

The problem with cancel culture is often those most irate are not the offended group. We all need to start at and embrace the fact that we are all human first. As such none of us are immune to stupid words or behaviors. The key is to help the offending person evolve.

The caveat to that however, is if this is a pattern of behavior. It seems both Mo Watson and Justin Patton had some disparaging things to say about Mac. What’s that about Jays fans? Sour grapes from Mo about the sexual assault allegations that went down? Does he think Mac didn’t have his back enough? I wonder if any current players, in confidence, might have something to say that contradicts the whole “we’re all behind Mac 100%...all for one, one for all” narrative.

With this game tonight usually one of two things happen in situations like this. Either they get pissed off by the distraction and use this as a motivational tool and come out guns blazing with a us against the world mentality or they are truly distracted, Nova punches them in the mouth early and they fold. I hope it’s the former. I want the Jays best tonight.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby MUPanther » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:56 am

MUBoxer wrote:
MullinMayhem wrote:Really poor choices of words obviously. Unfortunately for him, that means there is a huge mob that wants his head on a pike. Such is life in 2021. Not allowed to make mistakes. Unreal world out there. This really is an awful time to be born into...95% of this is fake outrage so as to virtue-signal so don't fall for it. That's the "cool" thing now. If you just survive the week or two of bad press, you will be ok. He did the right thing in apologizing and owned up to it. Enough with this cancel culture madness. So sick of it. It's literally nauseating. So many fragile people out there.

No, that is you taking it as that.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Bogg » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:19 am

I mean...... that's not even a saying, never mind a common one. Even in an absolute best-case scenario it's still a wild phrase to land on in the heat of the moment. For guys that get millions to coach unpaid athletes you'd think not comparing your program to a plantation would be Day 1 stuff.
Bogg

Postby MUBoxer » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:35 am

MUPanther wrote:
MUBoxer wrote:

No, that is you taking it as that.

Yes

Edit: Nevermind. It's not worth arguing with you. Some of the insane things you've posted on Scoop over time make that clear enough.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby MUPanther » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:47 am

That is interesting choice of words of "insane" and me on scoop, since most if not all my post on Scoop are schedule related.
MUPanther

Postby sciencejay » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:54 am

I don't have any inside info, but I think it's telling (and hopeful) that none of the players made any comments on social media between when it happened Saturday afternoon and when it was made public yesterday. Players, their families, staff and others who were offended didn't blow it out on FB/Twitter. That says to me that he did, in fact, catch it right away and apologize, and the players likely recognized that it was more a poor choice of words than comments with racist intent. It also says to me that the McD they know doesn't embody those sentiments and that he's been in their corner since they first walked on campus.

I hope I'm right. While terrible, truly deplorable, I hope those comments don't undo all the good he's done for the young men who've gone through his program.
sciencejay

Postby MUBoxer » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:22 am

MUPanther wrote:That is interesting choice of words of "insane" and me on scoop, since most if not all my post on Scoop are schedule related.

Covid board, please correct me if I'm wrong but you have posted a study used by anti maskers to show that we shouldn't have to wear them despite those in the study already engaging in particularly risky behavior.

Also have advocated for not shutting down at all on the protect our "mental health" grounds. Ignoring the deadly contagious disease that was steam rolling us.

You're not exactly some of the other posters but you've had some takes on a pandemic that's killed more than any war that I wouldn't call sane.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby MUPanther » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:35 am

MUBoxer wrote:
MUPanther wrote:That is interesting choice of words of "insane" and me on scoop, since most if not all my post on Scoop are schedule related.

Covid board, please correct me if I'm wrong but you have posted a study used by anti maskers to show that we shouldn't have to wear them despite those in the study already engaging in particularly risky behavior.

Also have advocated for not shutting down at all on the protect our "mental health" grounds. Ignoring the deadly contagious disease that was steam rolling us.

You're not exactly some of the other posters but you've had some takes on a pandemic that's killed more than any war that I wouldn't call sane.

Nope. That is not me. You have the wrong poster!! I don't even read the COVID board on Scoop since last Spring. I stay away from the cancer.
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board