My Big East rankings going into conference play

The home for Big East hoops

Re: My Big East rankings going into conference play

Postby Xudash » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:40 pm

MUBoxer wrote:
Wizard of Westroads wrote:Marquette is a complete mystery to me. Based on the Wisky game, I'd put them top 3, but I can't unsee that Okla St. game. Wow, that was some bad basketball. Top-level talent, that much is certain.

Same. I can't describe how confused I am. Fully expect UCLA to just zone us all game today and for us to look horrible. If they try to play west coast basketball against us they'll get rocked though IMO.

Pulling for you to beat the YTG.
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hall2012 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:53 pm

MUBoxer wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:Props on even giving this a shot. We just know so little right now that's very difficult to create any separation. I feel like most of our league looks exactly the same...1 good win and a whole lot of cupcake city. I'd put Nova first on the basis of 3 good wins (2 of which are excellent). Only Georgetown has a bad loss (Navy). Everyone else (who's played) pretty much just looks...the same?

Lol you're saying your 3-3 with a win over the preseason 12th place team in conference looks the same as say X with two quality wins at 7-0 (albeit some ugly wins in there) or us with a win over the #4 team in the country? I strongly disagree with your assessment

Well SHU does have the same number of quad 1 wins as both X and MU. Also hasn't taken a loss below quad 1. So minimal if any real diffence in tournament resumes. Considering a schedule that's taken SHU all over the country against quality opponents while X and MU have a combined 1 road game (that X didn't even have to leave its city for), I don't think we're far behind at all. I'm also pretty confident SHU would be 7-0 against X's schedule and while I wouldn't guarantee a win over Wisconsin (congrats on that one!) I think they may have beaten Oklahoma State at home to still match MU's record against their schedule too.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby kayako » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:02 pm

Hall2012 wrote:
Well SHU does have the same number of quad 1 wins as both X and MU. Also hasn't taken a loss below quad 1. So minimal if any real diffence in tournament resumes.

I think URI becomes comfortably quad 2 loss, but it's too early to use kenpom with only a handful of games played.
supernova
kayako

Postby Hall2012 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:18 pm

kayako wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:
Well SHU does have the same number of quad 1 wins as both X and MU. Also hasn't taken a loss below quad 1. So minimal if any real diffence in tournament resumes.

I think URI becomes comfortably quad 2 loss, but it's too early to use kenpom with only a handful of games played.

It's possible, but from what I've seen so far I think Rhode Island's a top 3 A10 team (behind Saint Louis and Richmond), which I think should be enough to keep them top 75 (and thus quad 1 for a road game). Though to be fair the Bonnies haven't played yet.
Seton Hall Pirates
Hall2012

Postby kayako » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:34 pm

Hall2012 wrote:It's possible, but from what I've seen so far I think Rhode Island's a top 3 A10 team (behind Saint Louis and Richmond), which I think should be enough to keep them top 75 (and thus quad 1 for a road game). Though to be fair the Bonnies haven't played yet.

Fair points if they do well in that conference. I think Davidson, VCU, and maybe Dayton end up higher than URI. A10's got an interesting top half of the conference this season.
supernova
kayako

Postby Hall2012 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:07 pm

kayako wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:It's possible, but from what I've seen so far I think Rhode Island's a top 3 A10 team (behind Saint Louis and Richmond), which I think should be enough to keep them top 75 (and thus quad 1 for a road game). Though to be fair the Bonnies haven't played yet.

Fair points if they do well in that conference. I think Davidson, VCU, and maybe Dayton end up higher than URI. A10's got an interesting top half of the conference this season.

Again, certainly possible, but from what I've seen so far I think URI's the best of that bunch. They were overmatched by Wisconsin but I thought they deserved better against Arizona State and they were right there against BC in probably their worst performance of the season. Fatts Russell is going to be the best player on the floor just about every night in the A10 (which I would say is easily the #7 conference this year, significantly ahead of the AAC)
Seton Hall Pirates
Hall2012

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board