2021 Recruiting Class- EVEN BETTER THAN THE BEST!!!

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2021 Recruiting Class- EVEN BETTER THAN THE BEST!!!

Postby mel ott » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:29 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:What the hay bales is going on out there in NE? Stealing 2 recruits from the Big10? The ‘lil engine that could quickly becoming a Midwest bully. You guys better be careful or you won’t be able to play that “small program / small market” card any longer. And you’re clearly doing all you can to claim that undisputed #2 in conference position. :D Congrats!

It's been pretty fun, Gumby. Now we just need to play some games and get that Sweet 16 curse off of us- it will happen (and should have happened with Watson before he went down 2 yrs ago and last year no tournie). The future looks great and it's mostly due to being in the Big East conference (and Rassmussen, McDermott and staff).
mel ott

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:43 am

Updated ESPN100 rankings:

33. Trey Patterson (Villanova)
34. TyTy Washington (Creighton)
54. Rahsool Diggins (UConn)
59. Jordan Hawkins (UConn)
61. Samson Johnson (UConn)
77. Ahamad Bynum (DePaul)
80. Brandon Weston (Seton Hall)
93. Stevie Mitchell (Marquette)
94. Jordan Longino (Villanova)
98. Nnanna Njoku (Villanova)
99. Mason Miller (Creighton)
Jet915

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:48 am

Jet915 wrote:Updated ESPN100 rankings:

33. Trey Patterson (Villanova)
34. TyTy Washington (Creighton)
54. Rahsool Diggins (UConn)
59. Jordan Hawkins (UConn)
61. Samson Johnson (UConn)
77. Ahamad Bynum (DePaul)
80. Brandon Weston (Seton Hall)
93. Stevie Mitchell (Marquette)
94. Jordan Longino (Villanova)
98. Nnanna Njoku (Villanova)
99. Mason Miller (Creighton)

So the 24/7 Composite ranking seem to me to be the best one to reference since they pull rankings from several sites into one.

24/7 Composite rankings (24/7 specific ranking):
30. Patterson (39) - Nova
50. Diggins (54) - UConn
51. Hawkins (56) - UConn
62. Washington (32) - Creighton
68. Miller (73) - Creighton
71. Bynum (82) - DePaul
72. Keion Edwards (111) - DePaul
73. Brandon Weston (78) - SHU
74. Johnson (71) - UConn
79. Njoku (104) - Nova
84. Ryan Mutumbo (103) - Gtown
88. Longino (33) - Nova
89. Cesare Edwards (101) - X
100-150 Range: Mitchell (MU); Ryan Nemhard (CU); David Jones (DePaul); Angelo Brizzi (Nova); Tyler Powell (SHU); Jordan Riley (Gtown); Rafael Castro (PC); Kok Yat (DePaul); Ryan Conway (SHU); Tyler Beard (G'town)

Lots here to discuss. First, 24/7 has both Washington and Longino much, much higher than other services. I wonder why that is? They must see something the others are missing out on a bit. Secondly, 13% of all top 100 players are BE bound. Impressive. 15% of all top 150 players are BE. Even more impressive IMO. For perspective...the B12 (similar # of schools) is bringing in 9 Top 100 kids (to date) and another 2 Top 150.

So long story short, recruiting remains strong. We're on the right track.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby AlexJesswein » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:26 pm

Jonas Aidoo (#70 at ESPN, #83 at 247, #104 at Rivals) committed to Marquette
AlexJesswein

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:09 pm

Someone here (Gumby maybe) said years' back - loosely paraphrasing...big time.: 'Creighton has the chance to become another Syracuse...an outlier that could rise up
to be a consistent contender...' or somethin' to that effect.

Whoever he was, he's a seer, an excellent judge of basketball, and a genius.

Roll Damn Jays!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Demon22 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:23 pm

Not sure if this hurts DePaul's 2021 recruiting ranking or not, but 4* wing Keon Edwards announced on his instagram account that he is graduating early and will be enrolling at DePaul for the winter quarter.

DePaul's on the trimester system, so he should be eligible to play in games nearly right away.
Demon22

Postby billyjack » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:49 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Someone here (Gumby maybe) said years' back - loosely paraphrasing...big time.: 'Creighton has the chance to become another Syracuse...an outlier that could rise up

Roll Damn Jays!

Hey gtmo,
That was me who thinks Creighton can take the same path as Syracuse in the 80's... both geographic outliers... both recruiting at a high level... both with huge attendance numbers and fanbases... both with fanbases that were frustrated with their coach... both underperforming in the NCAA's yet with talent and potential to break things open.

I pointed out Boeheim's first 10 years at Syracuse... never made a deep run, had disappointing or underwhelming results in the NCAA's, capped in 1986 by getting popped vs Navy at the Carrier Dome, with the Pearl going pro and graduating a couple of other stars (Alexis and Addison).

Then unexpectedly making a National Finals run in 87.

I can't find that old thread, but i think it's cool that you remember my CU-SU comparison.
Providence
billyjack

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:47 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Someone here (Gumby maybe) said years' back - loosely paraphrasing...big time.: 'Creighton has the chance to become another Syracuse...an outlier that could rise up

Roll Damn Jays!

I had to go back at my early HLOH posts but I found the quote I had about CU:

"I'm thinking we picked the wrong MVC team. We all know that Greg Marshall is going to be at Wich St. for decades...he loves his players and they love him. Creighton conversely, is a baseball school, not a basketball school. They have little to no shot doing anything of note in this conference. I mean they got this guy Ethan Wragge as their center who looks like he should be playing in the local Y rec league. That guy is not a Big East player and will probably get put in his place when Nova plays them. Also who's going to want to go to Nebraska to play college hoops. But I'm sure they'll be happy when in a few years they're wallowing in the basement enjoying all those tourney credits that perennial power BE teams like G'town provide. What a waste of a invitation. Should have gone with Dayton..."

As you rightfully cite, I am quite the hoops genius.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby ArmyVet » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:53 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:

Roll Damn Jays!

"I'm thinking we picked the wrong MVC team. We all know that Greg Marshall is going to be at Wich St. for decades...he loves his players and they love him. Creighton conversely, is a baseball school, not a basketball school. They have little to no shot doing anything of note in this conference. I mean they got this guy Ethan Wragge as their center who looks like he should be playing in the local Y rec league. That guy is not a Big East player and will probably get put in his place when Nova plays them. Also who's going to want to go to Nebraska to play college hoops. But I'm sure they'll be happy when in a few years they're wallowing in the basement enjoying all those tourney credits that perennial power BE teams like G'town provide. What a waste of a invitation. Should have gone with Dayton..."

Pretty late for a post of the year candidate, but I'll nominate ya.
ArmyVet

Postby Novachap » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:50 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:

Roll Damn Jays!

Way to OWN it Gumby!!!!
Novachap

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board