2021 Recruiting Class- EVEN BETTER THAN THE BEST!!!

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2021 Recruiting Class- EVEN BETTER THAN THE BEST!!!

Postby jbarajas0490 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:38 pm

Hey Creighton fans, what do you guys think about the possibility of landing Mike Miller's son. I'm surprised, I thought for sure he would attend Memphis since that is where his dad coaches. The kid is down to his final 3, Creighton along with OSU and Indiana. I think Creighton will have a decent shot against those schools, given the Jays lack of size I would assume he would get plenty of playing time, just don't play him at center. Anyways Mason Miller is 6'7 200 lbs ranked 60 at 24/7, considered a shooter like dad. He would make a great combo with Nembhard which I'm surprised as well he committed to Creighton. I can see a nice run for yall the next couple of years. Anyways I should stop now or I'll jinx your school.
jbarajas0490

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:25 pm

jbarajas0490 wrote:Hey Creighton fans, what do you guys think about the possibility of landing Mike Miller's son. I'm surprised, I thought for sure he would attend Memphis since that is where his dad coaches. The kid is down to his final 3, Creighton along with OSU and Indiana. I think Creighton will have a decent shot against those schools, given the Jays lack of size I would assume he would get plenty of playing time, just don't play him at center. Anyways Mason Miller is 6'7 200 lbs ranked 60 at 24/7, considered a shooter like dad. He would make a great combo with Nembhard which I'm surprised as well he committed to Creighton. I can see a nice run for yall the next couple of years. Anyways I should stop now or I'll jinx your school.

Haven't seen much regarding Miller after he listed his top 3. I know he's a priority along with Tamar Bates. A shooter like Miller would obviously thrive in a Mac's system. Hunter Sallis (5 star) and Tucker Devries are also in play but Sallis is likely to go to a blueblood and Devries father is head coach at Drake (former Creighton assistant). Hopefully we can land 2 of those 4.
Jet915

Postby xufan02 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:45 am

jbarajas0490 wrote:Hey Creighton fans, what do you guys think about the possibility of landing Mike Miller's son. I'm surprised, I thought for sure he would attend Memphis since that is where his dad coaches. The kid is down to his final 3, Creighton along with OSU and Indiana. I think Creighton will have a decent shot against those schools, given the Jays lack of size I would assume he would get plenty of playing time, just don't play him at center. Anyways Mason Miller is 6'7 200 lbs ranked 60 at 24/7, considered a shooter like dad. He would make a great combo with Nembhard which I'm surprised as well he committed to Creighton. I can see a nice run for yall the next couple of years. Anyways I should stop now or I'll jinx your school.

Mike Miller is no longer coaching st Memphis. He stepped down this off-season to spend more time with family.
xufan02

Postby jbarajas0490 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:53 pm

Tyrese hunter #60 on 24/7 just committed to Iowa State, how is Wojo consistently letting schools come in and raid the state. My opinion of him keeps getting lower and lower every year, he needs to go. I would rather have a team full of 3 star in state players than what wojo has going on. Heck Tyrese Haliburton was only a 3 star coming out of high school and now he is going to be a first round pick, did wojo ever even bother with haliburton? Wojo needs to go back to the east coast or wherever he is from.
jbarajas0490

Postby Xuperman » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:20 am

This makes little to no sense....Build the program around 3 Star in state talent? That's a good Horizon league concept.

Hey, I get that a lot of you have Wojo on the hot seat (with good reason), but recruiting is the least of his problems. Your 2020 class is freaking kick ass....Dawson Garcia could end up BE POY at some point and the other 2 look to be studly as well. But the most impressive recruiting job he pulled off was reeling in the BEST young transfer IN THE NATION.....DJ Carton! SO you're twisted in knots for losing out on a 160 lb PG prospect with Carton locked up for 3 years?

Besides, don't you guys play second fiddle to the Badgers for top in state talent?
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby kayako » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:58 am

Maybe Marquette is better off going back to the CUSA.
supernova
kayako

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:33 am

jbarajas0490 wrote:Tyrese hunter #60 on 24/7 just committed to Iowa State, how is Wojo consistently letting schools come in and raid the state. My opinion of him keeps getting lower and lower every year, he needs to go. I would rather have a team full of 3 star in state players than what wojo has going on. Heck Tyrese Haliburton was only a 3 star coming out of high school and now he is going to be a first round pick, did wojo ever even bother with haliburton? Wojo needs to go back to the east coast or wherever he is from.

As mentioned MU picked up Carton who is flat-out player. Then they picked up Stevie Mitchell from Reading PA as a PG for 2021. Just an FYI, on the Nova board of those that saw Mitchell and Diggins (recent UConn commit) play a few times, the majority opinion was that Mitchell was the better long-term prospect. Longer, more athletic, better motor, a fierce competitor, really good defender already; good vision, etc. If he can work on his outside shot Wojo will have a steal. Add to some of the other talents that are coming in and I'm not sure this is the time to put a line in the sand about Wojo's inability to attract talent.

And BTW, Nova has seen it's fair share of local talent choose to go elsewhere--Cam Reddish, Lonnie Walker, Quade Green, Derrick Jones, D'Andre Hunter, Gerald Henderson, Wayne Ellington, Savon Goodman, etc, etc. The key is finding the right players for your culture, regardless of region IMO.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:45 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
jbarajas0490 wrote:Tyrese hunter #60 on 24/7 just committed to Iowa State, how is Wojo consistently letting schools come in and raid the state. My opinion of him keeps getting lower and lower every year, he needs to go. I would rather have a team full of 3 star in state players than what wojo has going on. Heck Tyrese Haliburton was only a 3 star coming out of high school and now he is going to be a first round pick, did wojo ever even bother with haliburton? Wojo needs to go back to the east coast or wherever he is from.

As mentioned MU picked up Carton who is flat-out player. Then they picked up Stevie Mitchell from Reading PA as a PG for 2021. Just an FYI, on the Nova board of those that saw Mitchell and Diggins (recent UConn commit) play a few times, the majority opinion was that Mitchell was the better long-term prospect. Longer, more athletic, better motor, a fierce competitor, really good defender already; good vision, etc. If he can work on his outside shot Wojo will have a steal. Add to some of the other talents that are coming in and I'm not sure this is the time to put a line in the sand about Wojo's inability to attract talent.

And BTW, Nova has seen it's fair share of local talent choose to go elsewhere--Cam Reddish, Lonnie Walker, Quade Green, Derrick Jones, D'Andre Hunter, Gerald Henderson, Wayne Ellington, Savon Goodman, etc, etc. The key is finding the right players for your culture, regardless of region IMO.

Gumby, as somebody who has been closely following Villanova recruiting for as long as I can remember, as well as following Big East recruiting as a whole, this is an excellent post and spot on.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby jbarajas0490 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:22 pm

I get it yall, I am over reacting a little. And also what's wrong with a team full of 3 star player Butler reached the National Championship playing like that. And also 3 star players often become NBA players and many times 5star to 4star players are busts. Anyways Wojo has done such a horrible job compared to his predecessor, Buzz had 2 sweet 16's and an elite eight in his 5 years what has Wojo done absolutely nothing. Plus everyone was hyping him up saying he is the next coach K, to me it seems like this job is just a placeholder for him. Anyways my posts are straying off topic back to the 2021 recruiting class .
jbarajas0490

Postby Jet915 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:16 pm

Sounds like Jordan Hawkins (#49 on 247 composite) will announce tomorrow. All signs point to UConn.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board