(4) Saturday Big East Early Afternoon Games 2/1/20

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (4) Saturday Big East Early Afternoon Games 2/1/20

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:53 pm

Nice win Creighton. We tried to make it interesting but today you guys were the better team. Congrats to my boy gtmo and the Creighton faithful. The Jays are tough. Hopefully you guys are ranked on Monday because you deserve it. Creighton will be dancing in March.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Xuperman » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:55 pm

These first 2 results today make the top of the conference interesting....love the BEast!!
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby Xudash » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:06 pm

kmacker69 wrote:McKnight's knee did not look good! Hope he's ok, I think he's been the glue for that team this year on both ends of the floor.

Was thinking the same thing. I hope he’s okay and returns to their lineup soon.

A bit of a statement game for Xavier. A lot to still clean up and maybe it won’t be happening like it should with some of these players, but it was a hell of a win, coming off a 2 OT loss at home to Marquette
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:14 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Nice win Creighton. We tried to make it interesting but today you guys were the better team. Congrats to my boy gtmo and the Creighton faithful. The Jays are tough. Hopefully you guys are ranked on Monday because you deserve it. Creighton will be dancing in March.

Happy that we closed it out. Mahoney with a shot clock beating deep three and then Ballock’s corner three were huge. Jays still have two games to go with Seton Hall including a season ender in Omaha. Would love for that one to have some meaning.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby OmahaGuy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:22 pm

Incredible win for the Jays today. I hope we didn't peak with that. But I'll celebrate it now! RDJ
OmahaGuy

Postby scoscox » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:30 pm

stever20 wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:
adoraz wrote:Nice set of games. Would like to see Creighton upset Nova and shoot up into the rankings. Marquette also would get a bunch of votes with a W (frankly they'd deserve to be ranked).

Still a little too early to completely give up on Xavier, DePaul, Georgetown and St. John's. At this point I think 5 teams make it (with excellent seeds on average) but there's a solid chance at least one of those 4 can go on a run. Just don't ask me who, because I don't have much confidence in any of them individually.

I think of that group Xavier on paper should be (and perhaps will be) the one righting the ship and making a run for the 6th bid. Individually they've got talent. But they and DePaul both play so undisciplined. Taking care of the ball, not forcing bad shots, making FT's. Fundamentals that are the difference between a close win and a close loss. You look at talent alone and X and Butler should have each other's conference record IMO.

Xavier has 6 games left with the bottom 5..... I think they have to win all of those, and then probably 1 other.... @ Seton Hall, @ Butler, Villanova, Butler. Them at 8-10 with only wins over the 4 bottom teams I just don't see getting in. Might only have Cincy and TCU as even close to good wins. X is really late really early here.

HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW, STEVER?!
scoscox

Postby MackNova » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:34 pm

Nice win Creighton. Nova came out flat early again, and every time it tried to make a run in the 2nd half, Creighton had an answer. Hard to win four in a row in this league, and Creighton's done that.

I really liked Mahoney when he transferred to Creighton, and even though it took a long time, he's finally contributing. He'll be a problem next season.
MackNova

Postby Hall2012 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:40 pm

I came out of the DePaul game thing SHU couldn't possibly play worse. I guess more accurate would have been they couldn't possibly play worse and still escape with a win. Today was far, far worse. The hustle stats tell you everything you need to know about their effort. 51-22 on the boards is absurd.

That said, it likely may have been the better result for the league. And hopefully a wake-up call for the Pirates.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:46 pm

scoscox wrote:HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW, STEVER?!

Wait, but this means if you get in, you'll have a low seed and more likely to be eliminated.

Wizard of Westroads

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:05 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
ChestRockwell85 wrote:Nice win Creighton. We tried to make it interesting but today you guys were the better team. Congrats to my boy gtmo and the Creighton faithful. The Jays are tough. Hopefully you guys are ranked on Monday because you deserve it. Creighton will be dancing in March.

Happy that we closed it out. Mahoney with a shot clock beating deep three and then Ballock’s corner three were huge. Jays still have two games to go with Seton Hall including a season ender in Omaha. Would love for that one to have some meaning.

Good to begin the stretch run with a W. Thanks Chesty.

Nine games left with 2 vs the Johnnies, 2 vs the Pirates, and 1 with Butler. None of the games are "gimmees"...gotta earn your laurels in this league.

On to the Dunk... Roll Damn Jays!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board