UConn 2020 Discussion - The Thread By AAC Fan Sam Elliott...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: UConn is horrible. Getting blown out in conference play

Postby paulxu » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:24 pm

It'll be a lot easeir for UConn to recruit in the #1 conference, than the #7.
...he went up late, and I was already up there.
paulxu

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby XUFan09 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:13 am

I want to point out that this AAC troll came on here talking about how horrible UConn is for a loss on the road against the Kenpom #115 team in the country (so not a bad loss, just Quadrant 2, with only a bad defeat margin). Meanwhile, another AAC standard-bearer just lost on the road to the Kenpom #181 team in the country and has also lost at home to the #127 team and on a neutral court to the #165 team.

Yeah...UConn is so horrible for a Q2 loss.
Last edited by XUFan09 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:22 am

Hey guys, how many Big East teams would win the AAC this year?

O/U 9.5?
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby bluejayfanatic » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:35 am

The UConn add is win-win for the BIG EAST either way. Either they improve (as I believe they will) and give the league the opportunity to perennially be the #1 or 2 ranked league year-in and year-out, or they don't and give BIG EAST teams a name-brand reprieve on Murderer's Row twice a year.
bluejayfanatic

Postby TheBasketballOpinion » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:39 pm

I want every current Big East team to do well so that it helps the league as a whole.

UConn could not win a game for the next 10 years and I would be ecstatic. It's nice to feel that hate again.
Georgetown
TheBasketballOpinion

Postby FenwayFriar » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:55 pm

XUFan09 wrote:I want to point out that this AAC troll came on here talking about how horrible UConn is for a loss on the road against the Kenpom #115 team in the country (so not a bad loss, just Quadrant 2, with only a bad defeat margin). Meanwhile, another AAC standard-bearer just lost on the road to the Kenpom #181 team in the country and has also lost at home to the #127 team and on a neutral court to the #165 team.

Yeah...UConn is so horrible for a Q2 loss.

When the average American sports fan either: (a) doesn't know that your conference exists, or (b) can't name more than 3 schools in your conference other than UConn, you really need to put your mind in a mental pretzel in order to keep chugging along. My UConn friends would tell me they felt like the AAAAACKKKKKKKKKK "A" logo on their jerseys felt like a scarlet letter... just complete embarrassment. Pretty sure that's a good representation of how the entire fan base felt. And Friar fans like me had no problem reminding them of it.

Do these AAAACKKKK trolls have any idea how much this is going to reinvigorate the UConn fan base and program? Not only will they be selling out home games again, virtually every conference away game will be in a sold out atmosphere from plenty of "friendly" rivals. But yea, playing @Tulane at 9:00pm on ESPN+ in front of hundreds of the players closest family and friends sounds pretty awesome. It's funny that the only people that still compare or associate the Big East with the AAACKKK are AACKKK trolls themselves. Most everyone else with a brain has moved on and realized these leagues have virtually nothing in common. Comparing a perennial top-3 power conference with a solid mid-major conference is just silly. A10 vs AACKK is actually a legitimate argument. You know that when even ESPN has given up and now openly references us a power conference it's gotten real bad for the AAAACKKK'ers. But keep those mental pretzels coming!
FenwayFriar

Postby Bogg » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:13 pm

SamElliott wrote:
GoldenWarrior11 wrote:If UCLA had to play in the MWC for six years, they would have taken a big step back too.

Jim Calhoun would’ve won in the MWC

Kevin Ollie won a Natty in the AAC.

Virtually every AAC team passed UConn by because they aren’t elite without Jim Calhoun. If you think otherwise, you’re in for a surprise. I can’t blame you for trying to debate UConn into existence/relevance.

I like UConn for what they were. However, anyone watching them for a long time knows that Calhoun was an enormous part of that equation; and you can’t replicate that. (At least that’s what the data seems to be saying)

And yet UConn still managed to be the most successful program in the AAC to this point in the history of the conference.
Bogg

Postby MullinMayhem » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:02 am

Wichita State = SMU

They have 1 legendary coach and once they leave they go back to reality.
MullinMayhem

Postby stever20 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:06 am

MullinMayhem wrote:Wichita State = SMU

You do understand Wichita was good before Marshall got there? Had Mark Turgeon before him- who took them to a sweet 16. They've been to 6 sweet 16's and 4 elite 8's. This is nothing like SMU.
stever20

Postby Bogg » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:03 pm

stever20 wrote:
MullinMayhem wrote:Wichita State = SMU

You do understand Wichita was good before Marshall got there? Had Mark Turgeon before him- who took them to a sweet 16. They've been to 6 sweet 16's and 4 elite 8's. This is nothing like SMU.

Right. You need B's to get into SMU.
Bogg

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board