UConn Smoke

The home for Big East hoops

Re: UConn Smoke

Postby NJRedman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:55 am

ProprietyofLeyluken wrote:
LMS wrote:
Maybe Wichita St to make it 12?

There is no chance this ever happens. None.

There is no chance Wichita State ever joins. Their new TV contract has made that a moot point.

The option now is St Louis.

Do you know how much they are getting in that new deal? It's not a full share and less than any Big East member gets. They would gladly leave the AAC for the Big East in a New York minute.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby milwaukeejedi1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:03 am

"Wichita State is not receiving a cut of the current AAC media rights deal because it was not a member of the conference when it was negotiated. It is unclear the exact amount WSU, a non-football member, will receive on an annual basis starting in 2020-21, but AAC commissioner Mike Aresco told The Eagle it will be a significant bump from what it was receiving as a member of the Missouri Valley Conference."

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article228605334.html
“I come from New York where, if you fall down, someone will pick you up by your wallet (Al McGuire).”

http://mufanatic.com/
milwaukeejedi1

Postby milwaukeejedi1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:06 am

milwaukeejedi1 wrote:"Wichita State is not receiving a cut of the current AAC media rights deal because it was not a member of the conference when it was negotiated. It is unclear the exact amount WSU, a non-football member, will receive on an annual basis starting in 2020-21, but AAC commissioner Mike Aresco told The Eagle it will be a significant bump from what it was receiving as a member of the Missouri Valley Conference."

“This deal is good for Wichita State because this deal is good for the American,” Aresco said. “It elevates our status and it elevates their status. We’ll have to figure out the allocation for men’s basketball, but they’ll do better than they’ve done before and certainly better than they ever did in the Missouri Valley. That’s good for them financially.”

"In its last four years in the Missouri Valley, WSU reported an annual average of $370,335 in media rights revenue."

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/w ... rylink=cpy
“I come from New York where, if you fall down, someone will pick you up by your wallet (Al McGuire).”

http://mufanatic.com/
milwaukeejedi1

Postby NJRedman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 am

milwaukeejedi1 wrote:"Wichita State is not receiving a cut of the current AAC media rights deal because it was not a member of the conference when it was negotiated. It is unclear the exact amount WSU, a non-football member, will receive on an annual basis starting in 2020-21, but AAC commissioner Mike Aresco told The Eagle it will be a significant bump from what it was receiving as a member of the Missouri Valley Conference."

Wait, so they aren't getting any money from the AAC right now? hahahahahaha
NJRedman

Postby kayako » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:23 am

ProprietyofLeyluken wrote:There is no chance Wichita State ever joins. Their new TV contract has made that a moot point.

The option now is St Louis.

Ridiculous comment. AAC's basketball share is a fraction of BE's current Fox contract. I doubt Fox would even be happy about WSU.
supernova
kayako

Postby FriarJ » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:10 am

It always cracks me up that people think we would go to 12 with a VCU or St. Louis. It would have already happened. There is no way on earth that we are giving up the round robin schedule for those schools. Just no way. It's 11 max and it would be a Gonzaga or a UConn. End of story. Gonzaga was very very close to happening but they could not find a reasonable place to park their other programs.
FriarJ

Postby BEXU » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:27 pm

Would love to have the Zags but we would have to bring back the Concorde.
BEXU

Postby Xudash » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:05 pm

FriarJ wrote:It always cracks me up that people think we would go to 12 with a VCU or St. Louis. It would have already happened. There is no way on earth that we are giving up the round robin schedule for those schools. Just no way. It's 11 max and it would be a Gonzaga or a UConn. End of story. Gonzaga was very very close to happening but they could not find a reasonable place to park their other programs.

Spot on.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby NJRedman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:44 pm

FriarJ wrote:It always cracks me up that people think we would go to 12 with a VCU or St. Louis. It would have already happened. There is no way on earth that we are giving up the round robin schedule for those schools. Just no way. It's 11 max and it would be a Gonzaga or a UConn. End of story. Gonzaga was very very close to happening but they could not find a reasonable place to park their other programs.

See now this shit is what cracks me up. Where Gonzaga was going to park their other sports? No, where you play your basketball is where you play the other sports that conference offers. There is no BBall only, thats said in passing by FB schools when they really mean everything but FB. I wouldn't call out others for not knowing what they are talking about when you aren't as knowledgable as you think.

Gonzaga isn't coming and probably neither is UConn so you better get used to SLU being your conference mate because it will happen in a few years.
NJRedman

Postby adoraz » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:48 pm

All 10 of our teams get paid the same amount of $$$, but obviously some are worth far more than others. That's how contracts work, the network underpays for some teams (ex: Nova or Alabama) but also overpays for others (DePaul or Vanderbilt). WSU I highly doubt is worth the $$$ Fox is currently paying us and would be a terrible addition. UConn on the other hand would probably increase our payout per school. St. Louis does absolutely nothing for us right now, so I don't see them being added anytime soon. They are much closer to WSU than UConn.

Unless we're adding Gonzaga/UConn, or a future (much better) version of St. Louis/Dayton/VCU/etc... then we need to stay at 10. Adding for the sake of adding would just dilute our brand. We're selling out MSG and have that locked down, so I see absolutely zero reason to expand just for the sake of it.
Johnnies
adoraz

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board