UConn Smoke

The home for Big East hoops

Re: UConn Smoke

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:20 pm

The tournament credit payouts paint a similar grim picture. The AAC is living off of Syracuse/Louisville/Notre Dame/West Virginia/Pittsburgh tournament credits (as part of of their divorce). Once those credits go bye bye (and the AAC tournament credits take effect), whoa. There's more lost revenue right there.

GoldenWarrior11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MullinMayhem » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Some UConn fans posting that their donors are helping to foot the bill. How long can they possibly be covering this? Unless Jeff Bezos is one of them.
MullinMayhem

Postby butlerguy03 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:54 am

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:The tournament credit payouts paint a similar grim picture. The AAC is living off of Syracuse/Louisville/Notre Dame/West Virginia/Pittsburgh tournament credits (as part of of their divorce). Once those credits go bye bye (and the AAC tournament credits take effect), whoa. There's more lost revenue right there.

Incredible - once those dry up, the AAC will be in Missouri Valley territory.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:06 pm

Please provide a link to this page...
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby NJRedman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:56 pm

Go nuts!

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/is-uconn-dying.138867/

Oh and in another thread a UCan't fan said even URI would take the AAC over the Big East. :lol:
NJRedman

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:49 pm

I read 7 pages into that thread. Let UConn wait for the P5; 5 years or 10...it doesn't matter. May they rest in peace.
Let's hope they drown in their fiscal quicksand.

There's no room for them here anyways...even if they wanted to join us. The holy "dbl round robin" forbids any newcomers.
One takeaway from the boneyard: Let UConn die on the vine and other NE schools will benefit in getting more regional recruits.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby vtwarrior » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:36 am

Having my in-laws live in CT.....and reading headlines about the program on an ongoing basis......

The only "smoke" hopefully for UConn is the "smoke" coming out of the player's bongs!
vtwarrior

Postby paulxu » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:42 am

gtmoBlue wrote:There's no room for them here anyways...even if they wanted to join us. The holy "dbl round robin" forbids any newcomers.
One takeaway from the boneyard: Let UConn die on the vine and other NE schools will benefit in getting more regional recruits.

I don't really care about UConn, one way or another. I do think the BE presidents would have a pause with a public institution, and FOI requests.

But, the round robin doesn't forbid anything with adding one team. Just go to a 20 game conference schedule, as some other conferences have already done.
...he went up late, and I was already up there.
paulxu

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:17 am

Yeah, I am aware of that...I just love all the faithfulness by our fans to the "Holy dbl round robin" format.
Didn't realize it was begat and ordained from on high...Moses brought it down with the 10 C's for us to obey.

;)

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby kayako » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:38 pm

paulxu wrote:But, the round robin doesn't forbid anything with adding one team. Just go to a 20 game conference schedule, as some other conferences have already done.

Don't kid yourself. The double round-robin isn't that important. At least not enough to make us not want to expand to 12 teams.
supernova
kayako

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board