UConn Smoke

The home for Big East hoops

Re: UConn smoke

Postby jfan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:10 pm

Hall2012 wrote:What's wrong gtmo? Scared of what a little puppy can do to your big strong jaybirds? And from this thread it's pretty clear I'm not alone in my opinion.
We will just poop on the little dog if it joins!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Ultimately a super majority of university presidents are the ones making the final decision. Many of them are priests. I'm not so sure UCONN is a slam dunk.
ArmyVet

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Reading all of the animosity, frustration and in-fighting on the other site, I immediately get taken back to 2012 in the Frankenstein-version of the Big East. We are so lucky to be in our position of strength today. The AAC has inherited Big East Football's quality of instability and paranoia. As a fan, that can wear you down like no other.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby stever20 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:53 pm

ArmyVet wrote:Ultimately a super majority of university presidents are the ones making the final decision. Many of them are priests. I'm not so sure UCONN is a slam dunk.

When Fox talks to them it will be super easy...... And lets just say it would be pretty stupid to go against Fox quite frankly.....
stever20

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:00 pm

kayako wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Not certain how the Pres' feel about adding a public school and opening themselves up to increased govt reporting requirements.

What's Creighton hiding?

"Family contributions". :o
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby REDMEN1415 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:15 pm

This isn't my post, but I like it so much that i'm gonna post it here.
From redmen.com

Two points: 1) How exactly do they help? Go back to the full history of the Big East. Yukon did not help build the Big East. They benefited from it greatly but then split and even before that were planning it out for years. This is not simply about spite, it is about wisdom and not learning and repeated the same mistakes.

2) they are not going to dump their football program. They would only come into the Big East as a partial member like Notre Dame did. That was a crappy move for the conference with one sided benefits, but also helped rebuild the Notre Dame basketball program and then they also split.

The Big East without football, is special. Start bringing in state schools with football interests and they are serving two masters. The football master is always bigger and more compelling. The people running the conference and the interests of the members are always going to listen to the biggest money first. In the process you dilute the special quality.

Yukon = superficially attractive hooker from a distance but get up close and you see layers of cheap makeup and she smells horrible. Obviously ripe with disease. Complete masochism for the Big East and these kind of moves that seem obvious and wise on the surface would ultimately kill the conference just as they almost did already.
REDMEN1415

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:25 pm

REDMEN1415 wrote:This isn't my post, but I like it so much that i'm gonna post it here.
From redmen.com

Two points: 1) How exactly do they help? Go back to the full history of the Big East. Yukon did not help build the Big East. They benefited from it greatly but then split and even before that were planning it out for years. This is not simply about spite, it is about wisdom and not learning and repeated the same mistakes.

2) they are not going to dump their football program. They would only come into the Big East as a partial member like Notre Dame did. That was a crappy move for the conference with one sided benefits, but also helped rebuild the Notre Dame basketball program and then they also split.

The Big East without football, is special. Start bringing in state schools with football interests and they are serving two masters. The football master is always bigger and more compelling. The people running the conference and the interests of the members are always going to listen to the biggest money first. In the process you dilute the special quality.

Yukon = superficially attractive hooker from a distance but get up close and you see layers of cheap makeup and she smells horrible. Obviously ripe with disease. Complete masochism for the Big East and these kind of moves that seem obvious and wise on the surface would ultimately kill the conference just as they almost did already.

As a retired Sailor...and an expert on hookers, Good Post! :lol:
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:48 pm

Stewart Mandel weighing in. I agree.

Mandel: It’s a golden opportunity. The Big 12 should add UCF.

https://theathletic.com/706227/2018/12/ ... -football/
ArmyVet

Postby MullinMayhem » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:36 pm

We are the last lifeboat for UConn...they have FCS level football they pretend is FBS. Just stop the madness. It's like one of the ugliest women alive assuring people, "someday, I'll make Kate Upton look like Amy Schumer!". Okay UConn... :roll:
MullinMayhem

Postby kmacker69 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:58 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
REDMEN1415 wrote:This isn't my post, but I like it so much that i'm gonna post it here.
From redmen.com

As a retired Sailor...and an expert on hookers, Good Post! :lol:

I got nothing to add but that that is some funny stuff right there! :lol: :!: :lol:
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board