Next Year.

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Next Year.

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:50 pm

It's August already and the dog days of summer are in full swing. Hope you are enjoying the heat. Al would probably suggest opening a fire hydrant for the city kids to cool off. Those of you in Radnor will merely take a dip in your backyard pools (rich b_stards), :lol: .

Two weeks until the latest edition of my ridiculous annual predictions. A couple of surprises and the usual for the Radnorites. ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Novachap » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:11 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:It's August already and the dog days of summer are in full swing. Hope you are enjoying the heat. Al would probably suggest opening a fire hydrant for the city kids to cool off. Those of you in Radnor will merely take a dip in your backyard pools (rich b_stards), :lol: .

Two weeks until the latest edition of my ridiculous annual predictions. A couple of surprises and the usual for the Radnorites. ;)

Always a GREAT Conversation starter GTMO!
Novachap

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:31 pm

I was updating this year's predictions and got curious. Rumaging through the archives and stumbled upon the 1st predictions from 11 years ago (2008-09). Funny how consistent (doggedly optimistic) I've been over the span of years. Not only a bit funny, but was surprised as well. Reposted on http://www.bluenotes2.com It's spartan in its' presentation by todays standard, but still gtmoesque. Old dog still having difficulty with new tricks, :lol:
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby MUPanther » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:22 pm

Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby scoscox » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:21 pm

"9. Why would I put Xavier near the bottom of the Big East? This was the hardest thing to do among these predictions. How can the Musketeers go from Big East regular-season champs and a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament to dropping off the grid. The Musketeers have a new coach in Travis Steele after Chris Mack went to Louisville. But there shouldn’t be a big drop-off. Sure, Trevon Bluiett and J.P. Macura are gone. But Steele coached under Mack. And the support at Xavier is as passionate as any program in the country. It’s hard to think this program would miss the postseason."

How is there not gonna be a huge drop-off, yet we'll go from 1st to 9th? How will we be doubtful to miss the postseason, but finish 9th in conference, barring an outrageous year? I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone contradict themselves this hard in the span of 9 sentences.
scoscox

Postby kayako » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:44 am

MUPanther wrote:https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-08-02/college-basketball-can-villanova-win-another-title

Big East 1st team is 6 players if I am not mistaken. Either way, 5 or 6 omitting Paschall isn't very wise.
supernova
kayako

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:33 pm

A great day on the HLOH to get warmed up. Gonna take one of the shuttles for a ride...

Starting to get a bit pumped for the up coming season...already. ;)

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:56 am

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1028996249326952448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1028996249326952448&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2Fcollege%2Fvillanova%2FBoard%2F102643%2FContents%2FPaschall-120631902%2F

Uh-oh-Gt-Mo! :D

Your boys may be in for a world of hurt courtesy of Mr. Paschall. But don't worry I'm sure this is all Nova propaganda. I mean, Jay doesn't have much of a history of developing players. :shock:
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Novachap » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:10 pm

queue the donut jokes from GTMO!
Novachap

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:15 pm

Much respect and over-the-top Props for Eric. He's a player and will have a good year. I just have a hard time seeing him and Booth carrying such a young team-all season. And no foreign trip this year to bond and mesh. Is he 1st team material? Yes, and possibly PoY if Epperson doesn't steal it. "But to the victor go the spoils."

Much love for Nova and you Radnorites. Hope you and Jay can pull through, but it appears to be a tough year pending for the defending National Champs. Espn had an article about defending Natty Champs a while back. Jay is fighting the conference foes AND history. Good luck to him.

While the Cats will fall a bit (2nd tier)...all is not lost as the BEast will send 5-6 dancing again. Your non-con will tell the tale and should be fun to watch. 3-4 non-con L's can do a lot of damage to the psyche of a young team. Jay's got his work cut out for him this season. Much love Nova-nation... Goodman, in your pocket? Nice! :lol:

As for my guys...we will compete. No Problem. gtmo ;)

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board