Next Year.

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Next Year.

Postby scoscox » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:37 pm

I’d be really surprised if Maliek white was a starter for any period of time unless the freshmen are really disappointing
scoscox

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:07 am

Didn't know what thread to put this in, so I'll just dump it here. In regards to SJU and Heron's immediate eligibility, it seems that UNC had a very similar situation with one of their transfers in football, and the NCAA ruled that he had immediate eligibility to play this year.

Link: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24213020/antonio-williams-play-immediately-north-carolina-tar-heels-transfer-ohio-state-buckeyes
Westbrook#36

Postby RetireFiftyTu » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:37 pm

kayako wrote:
RetireFiftyTu wrote:I was wondering if I could get one fan from each school to comment what their expected starting 5/rotation is and then also their other scholarship players this year that don't figure to really get minutes.

Nova

PG - Quinerly
CG - Booth
SG - Cremo
PF - Paschall
C - Cosby-Roundtree

Gillespie - backup both guard spots
Samuels, Slater, and Bey - athletic swingmen off the bench, but one of these guy may start ahead of Cremo
Swider - not sure that he has a position, but I'll just say a "forward" off the bench with a great shot
Painter - backup center

Delaney was a garbage minute player this past season, and it's probably safe to assume the same for the upcoming season.

We've lost a lot to the draft this year, but unless someone gets redshirted (possibly Bey) that's a lot of guys fighting for minutes at the 2-4 positions.

Thanks. Really bummed that Xavier lost Swider to Nova. How deep do you expect Nova to go this year? In the past they have gone with a pretty tight rotation but they seem to have a ton of depth on the wing.
Xavier
RetireFiftyTu

Postby RetireFiftyTu » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:46 pm

billyjack wrote:PC:
at the beginning of the season, it will probably be:
1. Makai Ashton-Langford.
2. Maliek White.
3. Alpha Diallo.
4. Emmitt Holt.
5. Nate Watson.

At some point, i would expect Reeves and Duke to crack the starting lineup.

Bench:
AJ Reeves.
David Duke.
Isaiah Jackson.
Jimmy Nichols.
Kris Monroe.
Kalif Young.
Drew Edwards.

No Friar is under 6'-3".

Thanks. Looks like Cooley will finally have a lot of depth. How many do you think will be in their rotation? 9?
Xavier
RetireFiftyTu

Postby Edrick » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:41 pm

Edrick

Postby adoraz » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:56 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:Didn't know what thread to put this in, so I'll just dump it here. In regards to SJU and Heron's immediate eligibility, it seems that UNC had a very similar situation with one of their transfers in football, and the NCAA ruled that he had immediate eligibility to play this year.

Link: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24213020/antonio-williams-play-immediately-north-carolina-tar-heels-transfer-ohio-state-buckeyes

Good stuff. Would like to get some of the naysayers (such as Stever) to say whether this impacts their opinion.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:01 am

Edrick wrote:http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24199936/kansas-jayhawks-gonzaga-bulldogs-lead-espn-college-basketball-bpi-2018

4 Marquette :shock:
16 Villanova
27 St. John's :shock:
28 Butler
59 Georgetown
61 Creighton
68 Seton Hall
85 DePaul :shock:

I went through a couple of times, didn't see Providence or X. My eyes must be shot and my search must not work.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby MUBoxer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:54 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:
Edrick wrote:http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24199936/kansas-jayhawks-gonzaga-bulldogs-lead-espn-college-basketball-bpi-2018

16 Villanova
28 Butler
59 Georgetown
61 Creighton
68 Seton Hall

I went through a couple of times, didn't see Providence or X. My eyes must be shot and my search must not work.

Seems accurate lol
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby stever20 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:00 am

adoraz wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:Didn't know what thread to put this in, so I'll just dump it here. In regards to SJU and Heron's immediate eligibility, it seems that UNC had a very similar situation with one of their transfers in football, and the NCAA ruled that he had immediate eligibility to play this year.

Good stuff. Would like to get some of the naysayers (such as Stever) to say whether this impacts their opinion.

It totally does. Have got to admit I'm surprised the NCAA is opening back up this tube of toothpaste.
stever20

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:50 am

MUBoxer wrote:
Wizard of Westroads wrote:

16 Villanova
28 Butler
59 Georgetown
61 Creighton
68 Seton Hall

Seems accurate lol

It rewards teams that have experience, high-impact freshmen and/or high-impact transfers. Marquette has a lot of minutes returning, along with a starting PG that competed in a high-major conference (Chartouney). Toss in Bailey and Hauser, and you get a high ranking. No way do I think we are the #1 offensive team in the nation, but I do think we will be a top-25 team next year.

Conversely, Xavier and Providence are essentially penalized because they are losing a lot of minutes (even though they appear to have solid young players taking their place).
GoldenWarrior11

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board