Bring stever back

Bring stever back

Postby Edrick » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:03 am

Granted he's always wrong and his theories are generally baseless, but he does bring with him activity that is now lacking.

The board has gotten uninteresting.
Edrick

Bring stever back

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bring stever back

Postby EMT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:29 am

Was he banned or did he leave?
EMT

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:05 am

But, you see the problem with that is that it fails to account for the likelihood of Stever coming back on his own. The thing is that Stever still has remaining posts on the realignment board, the AAC board and the other Big East board, so his posting frequency - while not as strong here as on other forums - will still be high and the committee will see that. Regardless, I have no doubt that this will end up affecting the number of bids the Big East gets. Conferences don't get teams into the tournament. Posters do.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby ecasadoSBU » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:17 am

Ha. I knew you guys would miss him.

I realized after a while that ya liked him trolling. Everyone always kept responding to his trollish behavior.

I personally don't care if he is banned or not.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby billyjack » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:20 am

I don't miss the the constant arguing. And I was visiting the site less frequently due to the non-stop headaches and bickering. And over the years we lost some good contributors here, because they were tired of discussions happening in an a place separate from reality.

But it helps to explain why people like to watch Jerry Springer.
Providence
billyjack

Postby MullinMayhem » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:29 pm

I think stever was wrong most of the time too, though I wouldn't ban him. At the end of the day it's a forum about college basketball not some serious conversation. Everyone should be allowed to proceed with different POV's and opinions as long as they're not just trolling to troll. If they make real points (even if they're wrong) it doesn't make them a troll IMO. Being a troll is posting something like "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" over and over to derail conversations like the old ESPN forums. As much as NJRedman and I get into it, I respect his POV and wouldn't want him banned. We just have different opinions.
MullinMayhem

Postby MarquetteRustler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:48 pm

MarquetteRustler

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:08 pm

If you're bored Edrick, post more. Call back some old posters. Engage. Make the board more interesting- add to the Discussions everyone.

We had cancer, chemotherapy killed it and we're cured. Now you're saying you miss the pain, and the chemotherapy? You want your old cancer back? Wow.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Red Rooster » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:19 pm

billyjack wrote:I don't miss the the constant arguing. And I was visiting the site less frequently due to the non-stop headaches and bickering. And over the years we lost some good contributors here, because they were tired of discussions happening in an a place separate from reality.

But it helps to explain why people like to watch Jerry Springer.

+1

gtmoBlue wrote:If you're bored Edrick, post more. Call back some old posters. Engage. Make the board more interesting- add to the Discussions everyone.

We had cancer, chemotherapy killed it and we're cured. Now you're saying you miss the pain, and the chemotherapy? You want your old cancer back? Wow.

+100
Red Rooster

Postby whiteandblue77 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:31 pm

I can only speak for Creighton's fan base, the most boring group of fans on the planet. Nice people and very supportive but B-O-R-I-N-G! They actually dis Gitmo all the time just for trying to spike the blue koolaid once in a while. He's the only poster who isn't a pedant. In reality though I think every team on here has a bit of the same problem. You could add 20 stever20s and it' would still be boring as hell. The only thing that would spice it up is to add UCONN fans. Maybe MacN'Cheese kid is still around...
Maybe we can pay JP to start posting...
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Next

Return to Off Topic