FOX Sports! When will it be used against the Big East?

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby FloridaFriar » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:55 pm

I was thinking this the other day while watching the Capitol being attacked. As I watched the people involved and the hate that came from those traitors while I switched around to different networks. I realized "Our" network Fox is a platform for all those treasonist, racist, anti semmetic, white nationalist, among many others that are legitimized by the Fox network. Now I know I'm going to be told "it's free speech they can say what they want" and they would be right as much as I hate what comes out of the mouths of those people. However this is what I was thinking the whole night. As the Capitol was being attacked by the anti American racist thugs with their trump. confederate & don't tread on me flags. And then seeing a noose hanging on the lawn of the Capitol. Fox was saying those weren't there people or viewership doing that. It's the left that orchestrated this to make these good peaceful Americans look bad. When are our ties to FOX going to be used against us? When will the parents put 2 and 2 together and say my son isn't going to play for a team that puts money in the pockets of white racist new anchors and Rupert Murdoch? What lessons am I giving my son about the fight for equality? When will other coaches from other conferences tell the story behind FOX and what the network stands for? I for one think it's sooner than later and then this came into my crazy head. Could it just be time to run with another network if at all possible? Can I say maybe ESPN, CBS or NBC? I will say this for certain it's time for the coaches to stop praising FOX at the end of games and that has to end now! So it may be time to keep and eye on this as it may not happen at all and I was just over thinking because I'm so pissed off at what went down in Washington. Then again am I? However if it does we must be prepared or else watch out because our teams could become poison on the recruiting trail... I truly hope I'm wrong about all this Go Friars! Go Big East for a long time!
FloridaFriar

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: FOX Sports! When will it be used against the Big East?

Postby Hall2012 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:12 pm

Just my opinion of course but while I know there's a lot of hatred towards Fox News, I think there's enough degrees of separation from the Fox Sports arm that it's a non-issue. Not saying there's nobody like this out there, but while I know plenty of people who hate and won't watch Fox News, I've never met anyone who's carried that over to refusing other Fox Network programming or other Fox channels including FS1 and the regional sports networks (though they no longer own those).
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby chuck1991 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:42 am

Fox TV! When will it be used against Gordon Ramsey?
chuck1991

Postby MUPanther » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:23 pm

Wow, what a wild first post! That is myself saying it in the nice way. Not sure where FOX News legitimized the folks that stormed the capitol. I guess we shouldn't watch NBC Sports or NBCSN as MSNBC has race baiting host. Cheer on cities this summer in the name of BLM getting burned down and the lies on that network. Maybe we shouldn't watch ABC/ESPN because of the hateful women on "The View" :roll:

Coaches meaning really Ed Cooley who does it, praises FS1 at the end of games. No, it should not end! Fox/FS1 has done so much for the rebirth of the Big East. Otherwise you are looking at the AAC being stuck on ESPN+.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:48 am

Interesting perspective and comments. While I may disagree (MU Panther and I), ol' FloridaFriar raises some good points.

When have the good folks in the USA ever been reasonable, logical, and discerning? While the probability may be small that a "turning against"
Fox News may spill over onto Fox Sports as well, the possibility does exist. Murdoch has never been a "darling" in US public opinion. As a
maverick, he has consistently "stirred the pot" in whatever he touches.

Whether anti-Murdoch / anti-Fox opinion ever reaches the level of a mass exodus of viewers and support to grossly affect sports in general
and the BE specifically, is not likely. While sports is not immune nor exempt from public opinion and actions, it seems that the genre would
be one of the last areas affected by such sentiments. Covid has shown that the appetite for diversion of all genres is systemic in the US,
especially our sports addictions. Having said all that, the possibilities set forth by FloridaFriar are well worth the leagues' keeping an eye on
and monitoring.

Yes, Fox Sports has significantly contributed to the reconfigured BE...and vice versa. It seems that FloridaFriar's concerns are sending up a flare
of caution. Thanks FF. While it may not be a time for concerted Big East action(s) - it is also not a time for sticking our heads into the sand. The
sports landscape is in a state of change and this aspect is merely one of many potential change areas (transfers, NIL, Bubble NCAA tourney, corruption,
player rights, etc.) It is wise to keep sharp eyes on the sports horizons and developments. Thanks again FloridaFriar...your "Spideysense" is worth
acknowledging - not ignoring.

Additionally, it won't hurt for the league planners to develop TV contingency plans A & B...just in case.

PS: That's why we have these boards...Divergent, frank, honest opinion(s) and discussion(s). It's why we all tolerated AAC Steverrrr for years. I love
it when folks bring new stuff to the board - Fieldhouse Flyer, Xuperman, Django, and others bring unique perspectives and diverse opinions to keep the board
active, opinionated, and exciting. Keep up the good work members. FloridaFriar...thanks. Your opinions are welcome here, as are opinions of all our
membership (am I correct in this Admin/BillyJack?).

PPS: Go Bulldawgs! Bite dem Cats!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Return to Big East Recruiting