Sandro Mamukelashvili - Seton Hall Commit

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Seton Hall just received a commitment 2017 power forward Sandro Mamukelashvili.

Sandro is a big body at 6'10" - 220lbs who should be able to have an impact right away and increase Seton Hall's frontcourt depth. 247 lists him as a 4-star recruit, ranked #104. Scout and Rivals aren't quite as high on him, giving only 3 stars. He's not ranked by ESPN, but only came over to the US earlier this year.

Here's an excerpt from Zagsblog on what he brings:

“At his size he has a rare ability to shoot from the perimeter, handle the ball in transition, locate teammates, and finish drives at full speed in traffic. Coming to the U.S. this year he hit a brief learning curve with so many athletes and so much size around him, but he is now emerging as a guy that can not only impact the game with perimeter skills, but also compete on the glass and guard inside. The good thing for him is he still isn’t even close to as good as he is capable of being.”
As for what skillset he will bring to college, the native of Tbilisi, Georgia said: “I think I’ll bring a lot in college, like my passing abilities, pushing in transition, getting my teammates open and a winning attitude.”

Sandro was also considering Pitt, South Carolina, SMU, and Vanderbilt.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Sandro Mamukelashvili - Seton Hall Commit

Postby jfan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:34 pm

Looks like a good get, much to the consternation of radio and tv announcers everywhere!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Return to Big East Recruiting