Cain to Marquette

Big East hoops recruiting home

Cain to Marquette

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:00 pm

Matt Velazquez ‏@Matt_Velazquez 1h1 hour ago
Jamal Cain has committed to Marquette per source. Story to come.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1707712-jamal-cain-commits-to-marquette

Jamal Cain, a 6-foot-6 wing out of Taylor (Mich.) Cornerstone Academy, verbally committed to Marquette on Saturday, a source tells Scout.
Cain pledged to the Golden Eagles staff during his official visit. He had an official visit scheduled to Georgia and also was strongly considering Cincinnati.
Cain emerged during the spring playing with The Family on the Nike EYBL circuit, where he averaged 13.1 points and 4.8 rebounds a game.
Marquette now has a trio of commitments in 2017, as Cain joins Minnesota native Theo John and his AAU teammate Ikechukwu Eke.
GoldenWarrior11

Cain to Marquette

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Cain to Marquette

Postby Jet915 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:32 pm

Nice top 150 recruit.
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:05 pm

One of the fastest rising players in the entire 2017 class. Jumped 82 slots in most recent 247 Sports composite. 
Four-star prospect on most sites Some I see him listed as 6'7
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby xufan02 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:23 am

Xavier recruited him very hard early on, but started landing other targets. I think once the staff landed Ridder, Harden, and Marshall the depth chart wasn't ideal for Cain. He is a big time shooting from the wing with great upside.
xufan02

Postby JohnW22 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:06 am

xufan02 wrote:Xavier recruited him very hard early on, but started landing other targets. I think once the staff landed Ridder, Harden, and Marshall the depth chart wasn't ideal for Cain. He is a big time shooting from the wing with great upside.

I think it was the problem of he was way to similar to Jared Ridder. I believe he did alright at the Xavier team camp but nothing special but I think he had a pretty good July, I know he went off on a 33 point game in one of the AAU tournaments. As you said great upside, I'm so happy he went to Marquette over Cincinnati.
XU
JohnW22

Postby XUFan09 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:54 pm

JohnW22 wrote:
xufan02 wrote:Xavier recruited him very hard early on, but started landing other targets. I think once the staff landed Ridder, Harden, and Marshall the depth chart wasn't ideal for Cain. He is a big time shooting from the wing with great upside.

I think it was the problem of he was way to similar to Jared Ridder. I believe he did alright at the Xavier team camp but nothing special but I think he had a pretty good July, I know he went off on a 33 point game in one of the AAU tournaments. As you said great upside, I'm so happy he went to Marquette over Cincinnati.

Yeah, I remember when Ridder committed, Cain didn't seem to fit nearly as well. The Xavier staff was still recruiting him but not nearly as much. Then, when Harden and Marshall joined the fold, it just didn't make sense anymore. Good player, for sure.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Return to Big East Recruiting