Emmitt Holt Transfers To Providence...

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby billyjack » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Emmitt Holt...!!!
Played freshman year with the Indiana Hoosiers, then went Juco as a sophomore.
He can play immediately. 6'-8", 230 lbs, 7'-3" wingspan. Talented and should be able to really help out Bentil down low. Huge get, especially based on our roster makeup.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Emmitt Holt Transfers To Providence...

Postby hortle » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:09 pm

Those are pretty good measurables.

Here's footage from high school:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwQOQVkG4U4

The defense is terrible but you can get an idea of how he plays. Mainly a catch and finish player, with some decent bulk and arms that should allow him to defend the post in college. From the looks of it not a great athlete, also no highlights of him shooting so I assume he simply can't?

We will have to wait and see on his defense and rebounding, but solely based off his physical profile, that might be the area where he can make the biggest impact. When you consider the date of his verbal and his immediately eligible status, this is a nice pickup.
hortle

Postby Rum_Ham » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:16 pm

Really like this pickup, 6-8 with a 7-3 wingspan that has two years left and compliments bentil well as he is more of a banger down low. I think Providence could use one more big man and then hopefully they can land Alpha Diallo as well.
Marquette 2016
Rum_Ham

Postby Jet915 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:36 pm

PC definitely needs more size so he should help.
Jet915

Postby ChelseaFriar » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:10 pm

hortle wrote:Those are pretty good measurables.

Here's footage from high school:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwQOQVkG4U4

The defense is terrible but you can get an idea of how he plays. Mainly a catch and finish player, with some decent bulk and arms that should allow him to defend the post in college. From the looks of it not a great athlete, also no highlights of him shooting so I assume he simply can't?

We will have to wait and see on his defense and rebounding, but solely based off his physical profile, that might be the area where he can make the biggest impact. When you consider the date of his verbal and his immediately eligible status, this is a nice pickup.

I'm actually hoping this is a kid who will just play inside and fight for rebounds and dirty points. Everyone else on our current roster thinks they are three point shooters.
ChelseaFriar

Return to Big East Recruiting