Kobi Simmons cuts list

Big East hoops recruiting home

Kobi Simmons cuts list

Postby BEX » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels

Kobi Simmons has narrowed his list to Ohio State, Xavier, Georgia, UNC, Kentucky and Arizona. Has visits set for Kentucky and Xavier.
3:50 PM - 12 Jul 2015
BEX

Kobi Simmons cuts list

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Kobi Simmons cuts list

Postby warriorfan4life » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:43 pm

Are Simmons and Xavier Simpson mutually exclusive targets for Xavier? I think you guys have a legitimate chance with Simmons due to the Kaiser Gates connection, but would also hate to lose out on a strong PG prospect like Simpson while chasing him. Also, I think Simpson's game would play well with Xavier's current roster. They do not necessarily need a ball dominant lead guard with their options at the 2-5 spots.
Marquette
warriorfan4life

Postby xsteve1 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:14 pm

If Xavier some how landed Kobi Simmons I think X will still go hard after Quentin Goodin and Xavier Simpson. Kobi would likely be 1 and done, while Simpson and Goodin are 4 year players.
xsteve1

Postby bmorex » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:39 pm

xsteve1 wrote:If Xavier some how landed Kobi Simmons I think X will still go hard after Quentin Goodin and Xavier Simpson. Kobi would likely be 1 and done, while Simpson and Goodin are 4 year players.

No chance all 3 would want to come to the same school. Just not going to happen. I'm sure X would love to get 2-3 but it will be tough.
bmorex

Postby xsteve1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:17 pm

bmorex wrote:
xsteve1 wrote:If Xavier some how landed Kobi Simmons I think X will still go hard after Quentin Goodin and Xavier Simpson. Kobi would likely be 1 and done, while Simpson and Goodin are 4 year players.

No chance all 3 would want to come to the same school. Just not going to happen. I'm sure X would love to get 2-3 but it will be tough.

Yeah, I didn't mean both.
xsteve1

Postby XtoDC » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:38 pm

I expect Xavier Simpson and Quentin Goodin to commit prior to Kobi Simmons. If Kobi does commit before them, then I think it is because Cal put some pressure on him and got him to pop early before making the rest of his visits.

I think there is no way that Goodin and Simpson would both come to Xavier, and that is fine. They are both very good players, but they would be pretty redundant if they were in the same class. Kobi is considered one of the ELITE prospects though, so I hope XU goes after him until he makes his final choice. It is on the staff to lock down one of their top 75/100 targets who will be here for 4 years and get them on board with assembling the best team possible, which would obviously be made better with the addition of Kobi Simmons.

All that said, Kobi is a long shot. Mack and the staff have a lot of things working in our favor, but they are going up against some of the best recruiters in the country for his services. My biggest priority is getting Xavier Simpson on board, and then from there I think we have our biggest needs in the class locked up and we can focus a little more on best players available (Kobi Simmons, Markelle Fultz, etc.).
XtoDC

Postby XUFan09 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:48 am

Yeah, I don't think they'd be mutually exclusive, especially because Kobi could easily play off the ball. Simpson and Goodin will probably decide soon, and hopefully one of them commits to Xavier. It might take some convincing, but whoever it is would probably end up being fine with the theoretical addition of Kobi. I don't doubt the staff will give a vision of the two on the court at the same time running the team.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Return to Big East Recruiting